[Hx] ARS TECHNICA: “Worst cloud vulnerability you can imagine” discovered in Microsoft Azure

Michael S. Scaramella, Esq.

Aug 28, 2021, 3:35:19 PM8/28/21
to Helix-L Discussion List
To All,

Imagine what the reaction would be if such a vulnerability were found in an Apple system. Further imagine how reports like these would support our position that critical data can and should be stored and hosted on local systems over which we have administrative and physical control. Now imagine that Helix Server could run on macOS and FreeBSD systems either locally or remotely on hosted virtual machines with both data storage and communications encrypted using PKI certificates. Then consider all this in the context of the long-awaited dawning of general recognition of the value of “no-code” software development. Finally, envision a present with an up-to-date Helix rather than a fossilized Helix.

I do not mean this as torture. Instead, this news can provide context for the continuing value of the Helix paradigm.

Regards,

Michael

“Worst cloud vulnerability you can imagine” discovered in Microsoft Azure
30% of Cosmos DB customers were notified—more are likely impacted.

Read in Ars Technica: https://apple.news/A3xtyzly-SEqDRAj5hNvCbw

Shared from Apple News

Microsoft Azure cloud vulnerability is the ‘worst you can imagine’
Thousands of companies using Azure warned that their data has been exposed for years

Read in The Verge: https://apple.news/ADqirxU2oSuW6DVticMZa7Q

Shared from Apple News

<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>

SCARAMELLA & HOOFNAGLE
Computer Division
 ~  *  ~

<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>-=-<+>

Tim

Aug 28, 2021, 3:57:25 PM8/28/21
to Helix-L Discussion List
Is it possible that the Government wants to be able to see it all?

Lenny Eiger

Aug 28, 2021, 5:29:12 PM8/28/21
to Helix-L Discussion List
Tim,

We should all have a healthy distrust of the NSA. However, in this case, I think we can point to the incompetence of MickeySoft. It's not the gov't. that is doing industrial espionage. I don't want to talk politics here. Last week it was TMobile.

What is needed is for companies to hire experts in the Computer Security space, and many of them are being to cheap to do that... to their peril.

Lenny