[Hx] 10.11x and 10.14x DMG installer? - OFF

Elton Darby elton.darby@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2022, 1:55:07 PMAug 5
to Helix-L Discussion List
Ever since moving to OS 10.14x I've had some quirky issues with certain applications; I want to install 10.11x in Parallels for some tasks. I also want to do a clean install of 10.14x on my MBP as there are some quirky aspects to my current installation that has move from various MBP's via CCC and "upgraded" with Apple store offerings. Thus I want to acquire DMG installers for each OS -- does anyone know were such can be acquired? Best; Elton

david weller dave_weller@mac.com

Aug 5, 2022, 2:34:28 PMAug 5
to Helix-L Discussion List
Here ya go!!

Dave Weller
Weller Tractor Salvage, Inc.
200 SW 40 Ave.
Great Bend, KS  67530
voice:   800-255-9325
fax:       620-792-6974
email:   da...@wellerparts.com
Web:    www.wellerparts.com

Elton Darby elton.darby@gmail.com

Aug 5, 2022, 5:29:43 PMAug 5
to Helix-L Discussion List
Dave,

Thanks; that page looks familiar -- I may have been down that road before.  I'm looking for a full installer that installs the full OS to a reformatted disk.  Unless I'm missing something all of these url/links upgrade a prior/older full installation.  For example:  I have a new/refurbished 2015 MBP that shipped with 10.15x on it.  I can reformat it and CCC clone my current 10.14x MBP to it via target mode -- yet I want to do a full clean install of 10.14x to the reformatted MPB's 2T disk, then an OS migration.

Also, on the mentioned Parallels installation of 10.11x, I'll be installing to a new VM, thus not upgrading anything -- need a full installer DMG in that case as well.

Best; Elton

-------------------
Sent from my iPhone

Christian Buser macchristian@gazeta.pl

Aug 6, 2022, 1:35:37 AMAug 6
to Helix-L Discussion List
Good morning Elton

No, the links on that page lead to the AppStore, where a full installer is available. The sentence "macOS Mojave can upgrade High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion" does mean that if you want to upgrade an existing installation, it needs to be from one of these versions - but it also can install on a blank, formatted disk.

You can also make a bootable USB stick (or a DMG) from them, format the destiantion disk from it and then install.

If you need more detailed instructions, please ask again.

Christian

--
Christian Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)
Hilfe für Strassenkinder in Ghana: https://www.chance-for-children.org

Craig S. Steele steele@exogi.com

Aug 6, 2022, 5:23:32 PMAug 6
to Helix-L Discussion List
>You can also make a bootable USB stick (or a DMG) from them, format
>the destiantion disk from it and then install.

You may find that a downloaded installer stops working after a while
because its authorization credentials have expired, too old. You can
either download a fresh install image or workaround by setting the
computer date back to a time when the download was current. You may
have to disable a networked date-time automatic time synch services
or disconnect from the Internet while you're installing so it doesn't
outfox you and just does its job.

Craig