[Hx] Help needed with this one

1 view

Charles Dyas

Aug 29, 2021, 9:37:46 AMAug 29
to Helix-L Discussion List

Hi
This is driving me mad. A view will not recognise the template whatever I do. The main template is as I would like it, data fields filled with specific times spent on a boat design each day by the individual Naval Architects /design engineers, incremented via posts from an inert relation. I don't think I have any overlapping rectangles or duplicated icons but as a check the second template is split with definitely no overlaps and limited data fields but is still not recognised so I am obviously doing something totally stupid or asking Helix to do something it does n't allow
The daft thing is I have the same template populated with Look up Abacii which works but the inputting view is in way of a single column of the tasks and PopUp to select the headings but as each designer might spend time in one day on a number of different tasks it is time consumingly slow to enter and will not get done.

Any help to resolve this gratefully received

Thanks Charles

Design Times Collection.zip

Gary Cosimini

Aug 29, 2021, 9:44:42 AMAug 29
to Helix-L Discussion List
Charles, I had this happen recently (8.01).

Try duplicating the Template and attaching the dupe to the View.

If that works, Save and then delete the offending Template.

Worth a try...

Gary

Charles Dyas

Aug 29, 2021, 1:13:10 PMAug 29
to Helix-L Discussion List
Gary
I am using 8.0.1 and have tried duplicating as you suggest but without success but thanks anyway
Charles

johnny talbot

Aug 29, 2021, 4:18:05 PMAug 29
to Helix-L Discussion List

there were three rectangles with negative coordinates…

i tabbed through each rectangle until i found them and deleted them…

😁
Copy of Design Times Collection 2

Charles Dyas

Aug 30, 2021, 9:39:04 AMAug 30
to Helix-L Discussion List
Hi Johnny
That’s very helpful   When you say there were three with negative coordinates does that mean they were overlapping? Which ones were they and did the view  then recognise the template?
Many thanks
Charles

From: "johnny talbot" <Hel...@gibhenry.com>
Subject: Re: [Hx] Help needed with this one
Date: 29/08/2021 21:18
To: "Helix-L Discussion List" <Hel...@gibhenry.com>

there were three rectangles with negative coordinates…

i tabbed through each rectangle until i found them and deleted them…

😁

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

johnny talbot

Aug 30, 2021, 10:31:22 AMAug 30
to Helix-L Discussion List
when i closed your template, i heard a BONK.  so i looked at WHY? and helix said that all data rectangles must have a value. that means one or more data rectangles are empty.

so i opened the inspector (cmd i)
clicked just outside of the page boundary so it was highlighted and started to press tab.

after each tab i looked at the position of the selected rectangle and after three or so tabs, i saw there was a data rectangle that had no value and had a negative coordinate. so it was not visible…

i just deleted these rectangles and eventually i could close the template without a BONK.

😁

johnny talbot
artistic und managing director
tel: +49 89 236673-16
talbot runhof // purple label fashion gmbh
head office & showroom: klenzestrasse 41 // 80469 muenchen  // germany // t +49 89 23 66 730
geschaeftsfuehrer: adrian runhof, johnny talbot // amtsgericht muenchen // hrb 123880

boutique berlin: schlueterstrasse 50 // 10629 berlin // germany // t +49 30 23 36 31 70
boutique duesseldorf: heinrich-heine-allee 38 // 40213 duesseldorf // germany // t +49 211 95 43 30 20
boutique muenchen: theatinerstrasse 27 // 80333 muenchen // germany // t +49 89 20 00 75 20
boutique zuerich: schipfe 4 // 8001 zuerich // switzerland // t +41 44 533 88 04
showroom paris: 9 rue de turbigo // 75001 paris // france // m +49 173 542 92 14

diese e-mail enthält vertrauliche und / oder rechtlich geschützte informationen. wenn sie nicht der richtige adressat sind oder diese e-mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
informieren sie bitte sofort den absender und vernichten sie diese mail. Das unerlaubte kopieren sowie die unbefugte weitergabe dieser mail ist nicht gestattet.

this e-mail contains confidential and / or privileged information. if you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error
please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

On 30. Aug 2021, at 15:39, Charles Dyas <Hel...@gibhenry.com> wrote:

 Hi Johnny

Charles Dyas

Aug 30, 2021, 12:55:40 PMAug 30
to Helix-L Discussion List
Johnny
You are a genius 🙏🏼 I never knew about that trick to find hidden rectangles. So easy

johnny talbot