Re: [Hx] Helix-L

Jeff Green jeffshelix@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2022, 1:31:56 PMJun 15
to Helix-L Discussion List
Need some updating advice.  My office has quite a few MacBook Pros (Retina, Mid 2012), ALL are on high sierra 10.13.6 running helix 6.2.4.

The Helix Server is a mini and also running version 6.2.4.

What MacOS can i upgrade to and what version of Helix will work on them?

thanks!!
If you want to reply off list, that is fine!

Jeff

On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 6:09 AM Gib Henry gibh...@me.com <Hel...@gibhenry.com> wrote:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to do something which will temporarily cause Helix-L to stop functioning. 😩

I'm traveling until June 2, and I've done something (stupid) so that I'm unable to check my email.  The only immediate way to fix the problem involves changing to a service that does not support email lists.  🥲  I really apologize for my short-sightedness.  This is a temporary issue, and Helix-L will continue after June 2.

If I'm really clever (= very lucky), I'll figure out a way to fix it before then, but that's uncertain.  To contact me, please use my alternate address, gibh...@me.com.  Cheers,

Gib

Bill Spencer spencerconsulting@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2022, 2:22:02 PMJun 15
to Helix-L Discussion List
Upgrade all to Mojave and Helix 8.0.1

Jeff Green jeffshelix@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2022, 3:30:10 PMJun 15
to Helix-L Discussion List
Thanks Bill.

I saw this online:

Apple advises that macOS Mojave will run on the following Macs: Mac models from 2012 or later. iMac Pro (from 2017) MacBook models from 2015 or later.Jan 17, 2022

Our Macbook pros are MID 2012 models.  Not sure Mojave will work.

please review and advise

thanks

Jeff

Bill Spencer spencerconsulting@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2022, 3:39:00 PMJun 15
to Helix-L Discussion List
FWIW, I’m successfully running Mojave on a mid-2012 MB Pro

Wade Brezina wade@thewintrack.com

Jun 15, 2022, 3:54:11 PMJun 15
to Helix-L Discussion List
FWIW

I just put Mojave on a 2012 retina MBP last month and it works fine.

Typing this on Mojave on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

Well works fine for Mojave at least. Certainly not the Apple OS of old where it actually knew how much disk space was available, knew how to draw windows on external monitors when connected and a whole host of minor annoyances like bluetooth failures that never used to happen.

Wade

Jeff Green jeffshelix@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2022, 3:58:29 PMJun 15
to Helix-L Discussion List
Thanks, I have an extra macbook i can test with

Steve Stoddart s.stoddart@rogcowines.com

Jun 16, 2022, 11:42:08 AMJun 16
to Helix-L Discussion List