[Hx] Question about Index

tim

Jun 14, 2021, 5:53:54 PM6/14/21
to Helix-L Discussion List
1) Stupid questquestionion, can't see it. I am using an index to sort a list - last name firstname are text fields. When i place in an indue last in first slot, first in second, it sorts on the last fine, but first is jumbled. I'd graphic it but has real names.

2) Are we having another video meeting?

Thanks.

Tim

Quipu Pty Ltd

Jun 14, 2021, 9:53:58 PM6/14/21
to Helix-L Discussion List
1. Try forcing an index rebuild
a. from the menu,
b. reverse index order of any fields.
c. build another index from scratch.
If that fails then you’ve probably got a reason to run the utilities.

2. Yes. Hopefully next month if I can get it sorted with the presenter (any offers?)

Aiming for a discussion on E-R diagrams, keys - candidate, primary, foreign, and concatenated. Best practices

Unless people aren’t interested.

Lee Rydstrand
l...@quipu.com.au

041 140 3281
Quipu Pty Ltd

Gary Cosimini

Jun 15, 2021, 12:01:32 AM6/15/21
to Helix-L Discussion List

Lee, I’d very much appreciate a session on this topic as I am trying to learn how to construct SQL databases in parallel with my Helix collections.

Entity-Relationship diagrams are fascinating in concept, but I’m confused by how to put them into practice.

And MySQL field properties—Unsigned, Zerofill, Binary, Allow Null, Key, Default, Encoding, Collation, etc. etc.—are so strange compared to Helix’s.

Clearing up these concepts would be of great value to me, so I’d be very interested in this topic.

Gary

Quipu Pty Ltd

Jun 15, 2021, 1:09:07 AM6/15/21
to Helix-L Discussion List
That’s great. I’m encouraged.

Let me add that once we’re all on the same page wrt to the fundamentals of collection architecting (the E-R diagram), I’ve lined Lenny up to do a deep dive into optimisation techniques, specifically with regard to querying. No doubt he’ll push a barrow with dashboards in it but that’s all good too, since effective navigation starts with minimising menu usage.

Next up Matt has offered a session on using AppleScript effectively. If you have any specific requests please detail them here. I, for that one, want to see a script that builds a post with multiple triplets and attaches it to a View.

Following that I’d like to see a session on troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques.

And following that…

Any offers to help or present are welcome, I’m just the scheduler.

Lee Rydstrand
l...@quipu.com.au

041 140 3281
Quipu Pty Ltd

Steve Stoddart

Jun 15, 2021, 8:42:29 AM6/15/21
to Helix-L Discussion List
Lee,

Can’t thank you enough for arranging these video meetings / seminars. I’m 100% interested. Will they be recorded as I’m sure topics will come up that will make my brain fizz and I will want to revisit.

Thanks,
Steve