Editor SceneManager & Co. and Asset Data Serialization to Disk

Christopher Sosa

Jan 7, 2016, 9:54:03 AM1/7/16
to Helium Project
I want to ask about the SceneManager & Co. from the EditorScene folder from the Helium engine repository, i was working in a little map editor, but the renderer we're using is OGRE and has  their own SceneManager than the old Helium renderer., i want more details about the SceneManager, SceneNode and others (HierarchyNode, Layers) when i want to serialize the scene data (The level editor saves under a name of "map"), i can exploit the OGRE's SceneManager to store an void* pointer of any object, the purpose of the SceneManager of the EditorScene was an kind of workaround since the Renderer has no one?.

Also i wanted to know if is possible to serialize my current scene into a file using Reflect/Persist in a way? the editor is too incomplete for that and doesn't build with my current setup

Thanks you.