Change to /Dependencies

Geoff Evans

May 29, 2013, 12:52:46 PM5/29/13
to helium...@googlegroups.com
To make vs2012 work (and it being so onerous demanding that project references exist in the sln file: http://industriousone.com/topic/visual-studio-2012-project-references), I need to change how the libs in /Dependencies are built.

From now on, you need to:

cd Dependencies
..\premake vs20xx
<open and build Premake\Dependencies.sln, which puts .lib files in Dependencies/Bin/...>

cd ..
premake vs20xx
<open and build Premake\Tools.sln,Runtime.sln>

So basically Dependencies becomes a microcosm of the Helium premake setup, and you need to run premake twice, once for Dependencies, and once for the rest of the Helium projects.

Cheers,

Geoff Evans

May 29, 2013, 1:13:57 PM5/29/13
to helium...@googlegroups.com
Also, everyone will need FBX 2014.1 very soon (its the first version with vs2012 support):

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?siteID=123112&id=10775847

Ash

Feb 19, 2014, 7:12:34 PM2/19/14
to helium...@googlegroups.com
So, I've just grabbed a recent version of Helium (going to start playing around with it as it's a new year) and every time I sync and try to build dependencies, I get the following:

C:\dev\Helium\Helium-master\Dependencies>..\premake vs2012

Checking Environment...

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 11.00.61030.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'makefile.vc' not found
Stop.

Any thoughts?

-Ash

gor...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2014, 7:15:05 PM2/19/14
to helium...@googlegroups.com
Its probably trying to build wxWidgets (for the tools UI).  You probably just need to `git submodule update --init --recursive` from the repo root.

Ash

Feb 19, 2014, 7:18:44 PM2/19/14
to helium...@googlegroups.com
Interesting.  I grabed the source from the git repository directly and extracted it out into a folder.  Apparently that's not going to work, as it doesn't consider it an actual git repository (even though it has all the repository files at the Helium-master folder level).

Time to get the source tree through git the old-fashioned way.

Ash W Matheson

Feb 20, 2014, 12:22:09 PM2/20/14
to Helium
Yep!  That was it (Dependencies currently running a premake build now).  Thanks!