Bin folder reorganized

Geoff Evans

Dec 29, 2013, 10:15:38 PM12/29/13
to helium...@googlegroups.com
To try and keep our premake as simple as possible, I have removed side-by-side architectues.  This means that x64 and x32 are no longer parts of the path to each output folder.  Its just Bin\Debug, Bin\Release, etc...  This greatly simplified the premake scripts.  If you want to build two different architectures then make two clones of the repo.

Next time you pull or merge from master, you probably want to clean out everything and build from scratch:

  git clean -fdx
  git submodule foreach --recursive git clean -fdx

This should trash all non-git controlled files so you can build from scratch.

This change was made because the premake was getting even more complicated due to adding support for .app packages for MacOSX.  WIth this change we currently write a valid .app bundle with hi-res icon and Info.plist.  It doesn't run at the moment because we currently assume the location of the \Data folder relative to the executables.  I will probably be working on fixing that this week.  Probably just an editor-specific thing.  Hopefully it will allow us to start isolating the different sample game projects, too (so we can open each on separately in the editor).

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,

-geoff