Issue loading assets

Alex

Jul 3, 2016, 12:34:37 PM7/3/16
to Helium Project
Hello guys!

Thank you for sharing and supporting this project! I recently bumped into into and would like to learn more from it.

I managed to compile the project but as soon as I start any example it crashes with the following assertion:

Asset "/ExampleGames/ShapeShooter:System" is not serialized and does not exist in memory

I haven't quite get yet how Asset Loading works, am I missing some step?

Thanks in advance, Alex

Geoff Evans

Jul 7, 2016, 2:09:06 AM7/7/16
to Helium Project
Hi Alex!  Nice to meet you!  Sorry for the delay in replying, work is crazy busy!

I think its because you are running the Runtime exe suite.  Run the Tools counterparts, and you should be able to process the named assets into the cache.  Runtime only reads from the cache (like a retail game might).

I sent you an invite to Slack in case you want to chat about it some more.

Cheers,

-geoff

Alex

Jul 7, 2016, 2:35:13 PM7/7/16
to Helium Project
Hey Geoff! Thanks for the tip you were right!

When I first tried I was getting a bunch of asserts from the tool project so I tried with runtime one
but I'm realizing now that I can just ignore all of them to get the demo running.

Thanks again, I'll play a little more with it this we.

Regards, Alex