Upgrade from 0.07 without re-indexing

Jeremy Sellars

Nov 24, 2014, 7:23:49 PM11/24/14
to helio...@googlegroups.com
0.08 release candidate 1
NOTE: Users of v0.07 will need to remove the data directory and re-index.
  (the reason for this is lucene differences between the 4x branch
that 0.07 had been based on and the 4.10 branch that heliosearch
switched to since it will be the final Solr release in the 4x line).

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/heliosearch/0.07/heliosearch/GKHyJFG79ts/KyG5R75HZ5UJ

Are there plans to make an upgrade path from v0.07 that doesn't require re-indexing.  I don't need anything in 0.08 in particular, but will a later version like 0.09 be compatible with indexes created by 0.07?

Alternatively, is there a recommendation of a tool that can more quickly update the index to 4.10.2?

In the past, I have been able to provide nearly 24/7 access to the index even while re-indexing... I could do this by re-indexing in-place.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Yonik Seeley

Nov 24, 2014, 8:17:15 PM11/24/14
to helio...@googlegroups.com
I've had a quick look at the changes to the lucene index format
(SegmentInfos.java, etc), and I don't really see an easy way to
upgrade.
If all of your fields are stored, the easiest solution may be to
export hem all and re-index.

-Yonik