Boolean column type usage error

Phang Mulianto

Jul 14, 2013, 5:08:02 AM7/14/13
to hel...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I use helenus 0.6.2 with cassandra 1.2

when use CQL, and data type is boolean, i cannot update or insert the field from CQL.

It said Invalid STRING constant (true) for publish of type boolean

When i check the cql output, the boolean true is in 'true' .

When i try in cql shell, the boolean true not have ' in it and success update.

any one have this problem too?

any help appreciated.

Rgds,

Mulianto

spar...@nodeping.com

Jul 28, 2013, 4:03:33 PM7/28/13
to hel...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting this same error for the same reason. I tried 0, 1 and '0', '1' as well and only get the 'string' error.

For the time being I've switched that field to an int and am populating it with 0/1 but a real fix in the lib for boolean is needed.

Shawn

mulianto

Jul 28, 2013, 11:03:15 PM7/28/13
to hel...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,

I work around this by building the cql by manual, without using ? Variable.

Ex: "insert into user (active) values ( "+boolactive +" )"

Cannot using the ? Var, I check the source there are type casting in helenus but can't fix it, anyone aware of this?

Sent from my iPhone