How do I move a sketch (or part of one) down to 0 on the Z axis?

Gregg Eshelman

Apr 21, 2015, 5:05:04 AM4/21/15
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
I bought a couple of Rino (now Ondrives) 30:1 right angle drives off eBay at a steal of a price. (Ondrives' retail is $687! I paid $67.50.) Got the STP 3D model too so I can design a small 4th axis and tool turret to be driven by them.

Got a sketch from the face with the bolt holes but it's hovering up above the grid plane. How do I just move it straight down to 0 on the Z axis?

Every CAD program should copy the object properties box from Caligari trueSpace (R.I.P.). Rightclick an object and right there in one little box you can directly enter the XYZ coordinates and rotation, the dimensions in all axes, rename it, see how many faces, edges and vertexes it has and even change the units for the object and the scene. All. In. ONE. Place. Floats on top so it's always accessible. Fast and easy, no need to remember where to go and open or mode to switch to to enter the numbers for different functions because they *all* use the same box and the data in it changes to the currently selected object, face, edge, vertex etc. IMHO that was the #1 best feature of that program.

With that one box I could start with a simple cube and using just the add vertex and add edges tools and the Object Properties box, construct a complete solid model by directly entering coordinates to move/rotate the vertexes, edges and faces. Be like Jobs and Gates and copy that wonderful little box.

Nobody is going to care if the properties box gets copied because Caligari is defunct after Microsoft bought it to give away for free competition with Google's SketchUp, then abandoned trueSpace after a short time when nobody bothered to use it to populate their competitor to Google Earth with 3D models.