Trouble Installing Opencam for Heeks CNC on Linux.

breaku...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2019, 3:16:11 PM1/19/19
to HeeksCAD - Users Mailing List
Any Debian Linux user installed python-ocl successfully. This is needed even if HeeksCNC is already instlalled. The HeeksCNC installataion is not dependent on this library at install and will create an installation of HeeksCNC.

I have trouble with the open cam library.

Trying to Install python-ocl but get snagged on a dependency that is seemingly a malconfiguration as python 2 is clearly installed on my system.

This is what I use to build a deb for python-ocl
------------------------------
git clone https://github.com/aewallin/opencamlib.git
cd opencamlib
bzr branch lp:~neomilium/opencamlib/packaging debian
dpkg-buildpackage -b -us -uc
cd ..
sudo dpkg -i python-ocl*.deb
------------------------------

However the dplkg-buil.... exits with the following error.

---------------------------------
make[1]: Leaving directory '/backup1/Heekscad/temp/opencamlib/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
dh_install
dh_install: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/lib/python2*" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: python-ocl missing files: usr/lib/python2*
dh_install: missing files, aborting
debian/rules:8: recipe for target 'binary' failed
make: *** [binary] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary gave error exit status 2
----------------------------------

I however have python2.x installed as you can see below

# ls /usr/lib |grep -i python
libpyglib-2.0-python2.7.so.0
libpyglib-2.0-python2.7.so.0.0.0
python2.6
python2.7
python3
python3.5

It seems there is a misconfiguration somewhere in python as it looks for usr/lib/python2 and NOT /usr/lib/python2

or do I misunderstand something ?

Anyway, how do I resolve this problem ??

Thanks