Catching/drawing the segment of a circle/of a ring

Alexander Klytta

Oct 8, 2019, 10:53:22 PM10/8/19
to HeeksCAD - Users Mailing List
Hi folks,

I'm having trouble with (for an advanced user quite easy tasks I guess). I'm using HeeksCAD 1.0.0 on an old Ubuntu machine in my garage.

The first one is this:

I want to draw the scetch shown in the picture above (blue). The only way I know how to draw an arc with HeeksCAD is to press the "a" key on the keyboard while using the line tool. But this won't lead to what is shown above. :-/

The second one is this:

It's a similar problem. How can I "force" the line tool to the right arc?

I hope someone can help.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Alex

Dan Heeks

Oct 9, 2019, 2:31:16 AM10/9/19
to HeeksCAD - Users Mailing List
Alex,

I can't see the pictures. Is there another way of uploading them and posting the link?

If you are trying to snap to tangent to another item, there is, in the Options windows, digitizing->tangent, which tries to find the tangent point of the items.

Dan.

Alexander Klytta

Oct 9, 2019, 7:00:21 AM10/9/19
to HeeksCAD - Users Mailing List
Hi Dan,

thank you very much for your quick reply.

I put them here:

#1: https://abload.de/image.php?img=8f391daa-851c-4b04-asvkhy.jpeg

#2: https://abload.de/image.php?img=df7b4fc9-13bd-4ba6-buhk92.jpeg

Best Regards,
Alex

Dan Heeks

Oct 9, 2019, 8:58:49 AM10/9/19
to HeeksCAD - Users Mailing List
OK, I see what you mean.
I have now written a blog entry to describe how I would draw these shapes with Area objects.

It is also possible to edit existing arcs, by dragging their start and end points and by copying and pasting coordinate values into the Properties window. But I prefer the method with Area objects.

I hope this helps.

Dan.

Alexander Klytta

Oct 9, 2019, 2:21:30 PM10/9/19