No Program object in the Objects pane (Windows V0.18)

Tranistor

Jun 9, 2011, 5:50:38 PM6/9/11
to HeeksCAD - Users Mailing List
Hi.
I've downloaded and installed Windows V0.18 version. Can draw, edit,
etc. but have no Program object in the Objects pane. I'm also missing
all the CNC icons (pocketing, G0, etc.).

What did I miss? (I hope to use the program to generate G-code files
for an EMC2 3-axis CNC that's ready to go!)

Thanks

Carlos A. Gonzalez

Jun 9, 2011, 6:03:56 PM6/9/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com

Did you install [1]heekscad or [2]heekscnc?
HeeksCNC is an add-on for HeeksCAD...

[1] http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/downloads/list
[2] http://code.google.com/p/heekscnc/downloads/list

--
Saludos,
Beto

Tranistor

Jun 9, 2011, 6:44:05 PM6/9/11
to HeeksCAD - Users Mailing List
Ha! I installed HeeksCAD. Now I have HeeksCNC. Thank you. I didn't see
that there were two programs.

Thanks for the fast response.

Slán,
Transistor

Transistor

Oct 8, 2012, 8:54:55 AM10/8/12
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
I came back to HeeksCNC after a year and got stuck trying to start the Windows version. Command line syntax is
  "C:\Program Files\HeeksCNC\HeeksCAD.exe" HeeksCNC/HeeksCNC.dll

There is something odd about the version I've just downloaded. It has Profile and Pocket icon / menu options but doesn't have the Zig Zag tool option. The only way I could get going was to copy my older installation from an older PC. I can't see how to tell the version I'm running on each machine.

Dan Heeks

Oct 9, 2012, 5:39:29 AM10/9/12
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
On the "file" menu, click on "About". The about box will appear. The
version is at the top left of the title bar of the about box.

Yes, I removed the zigzag operation.
Now you need to add an "attach" operation, followed by a "pocket"
operation ( you can choose zigzag style, in the pocket operation )

Dan.
> --
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/heekscad-users?hl=en.

millerdlca

Oct 13, 2012, 2:41:40 AM10/13/12
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
I've downloaded and installed HeeksCNC V0.22.0 using the windows installer (although it shows V0.21.0 in the File->About box)  and I'm trying to learn how to do various tasks.  I've been able to do engraving type tasks with text but I've been stumped with getting zigzag operations working.  If I open an STL file, I can select the object and do the attach operation but if I then try to do a pocket operation, I get an error message "You must select some sketches first".  I'm assuming that this is because I don't yet have the opencamlib installed, is that what should happen without that library?

I've tried to build the opencamlib but haven't succeeded yet.  I downloaded version 11.10-40-g52493f4 of opencamlib (just downloaded the zip file as I don't have a git client installed) and I'm trying to build it with Visual Studio Express 2008.  I open the .sln file and just do a Build Solution which fails with 43 errors, most of which are:
"fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header. Did you forget to add '#include "stdafx.h"' to your source?" against various files.
There are a couple of others:
"fatal error C1083: Cannot open precompiled header file: 'Debug\OpenCamLib.pch': No such file or directory" against opencamlib.cpp, dllmain.cpp and stdafx.cpp
and:
"fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\src\ocl_voronoi.cpp': No such file or directory"
"fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\src\cutsim\volume.cpp': No such file or directory"
"fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: '..\src\algo\weave2.cpp': No such file or directory"
"fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'WIN32': No such file or directory"
(none of these files are in the download)
and finally:
"Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
1>$(BOOST_FOR_OPENCAMLIB)"

I realize that this isn't really the right place to ask this but I saw that Dan seems to be doing the updates to the Windows files for that project. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?  I'm not familiar with this toolset so I could be doing something really dumb.  I've tried the compile under both Win 7 64 bit and Win XP 32 bit.

Thanks,
Dennis

Dan Heeks

Oct 13, 2012, 4:32:25 AM10/13/12
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
Dennis,

You don't need to build opencamlib. The Windows installer includes it.

The pocket operation needs a sketch to tell it where to pocket inside of.
So draw yourself a rectangle or other closed shape, then select that
sketch, then choose pocket operation.

I hope this helps.

Dan.

Dan Heeks.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/heekscad-users/-/jqmE1vHbf5QJ.

millerdlca

Oct 14, 2012, 1:36:33 AM10/14/12
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense now that I think about it.  I'm now busy experimenting with it.

Dennis