Engraver bit or new tool type problem.

yv...@ymasquelier.net

Mar 23, 2017, 3:21:50 AM3/23/17
to HeeksCAD - Developers Mailing List
Hello,

I'm new to Heekscnc and, while I developped without difficulties an extension to use GRBL with automatised tool measurement, I encounter some difficulties with engraver bits.

This tool type seems to be available with the use of "objects window" when editing an existing tool but is not in the context menu for new tool.

This type of tool is not available in the tool properties window.

If I choose an existing new type and edit it I can change the type to "Engraving Bit" but only the size is reported in the title.

When the GCODE is generated the "change tool" text reports only the size without the type.

The type is well saved in the default.tooltable as "Engraver"... but is of no use.

I suppose it exist more than one "tool type" list.

Regards, Yves.