Issue 363 in heekscad: dxf open problem

codesite...@google.com

Aug 31, 2011, 1:30:30 PM8/31/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 363 by bigla...@startolj.hu: dxf open problem
http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/issues/detail?id=363

Hello,
Heekscad not open attached dxf.
I exported from corel11 other cad program open correct.
Regards.

Attachments:
ACCEL1C11.dxf 216 KB

codesite...@google.com

Sep 1, 2011, 10:21:04 AM9/1/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 363 by shopinth...@gmail.com: dxf open problem
http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/issues/detail?id=363

I don't know what's going on but have noticed a couple things. First, I
loaded the file into librecad and deleted everything except the center of
the 'A' in Accelerometer. This leaves just a single 3-point polyline.
Heekscad still has a problem importing it.

The specific error message is: "OpenCascade failures occured during DXF
read processing"

I created a similar polyline in librecad and it imported fine into
heekscad. When I used LibreCAD to exploded both the corel created and
librecad created polylines, the corel version became many small segments
and the librecad became 3 large segments. Once exploded, both imported
fine.

Exploding the entire original file produces over 22K segments so I don't
recommend it as a solution.

codesite...@google.com

Sep 2, 2011, 3:05:02 PM9/2/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 363 by ddfalck2...@yahoo.com: dxf open problem
http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/issues/detail?id=363

I got the same error message "OpenCascade failures occured during DXF read
processing"
I also tried opening the file with FreeCAD and Inkscape, with no luck.
Draftsight opens it fine. It appears that all the geometry is made up of
splines. Since the import code for HeeksCAD, FreeCAD, and Inkscape are all
missing a way of working with the file, I'm not sure what to do to fix it.

codesite...@google.com

Sep 3, 2011, 4:00:48 AM9/3/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com

codesite...@google.com

Sep 3, 2011, 12:22:46 PM9/3/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 363 by ddfalck2...@yahoo.com: dxf open problem
http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/issues/detail?id=363

It looks like qcad/librecad will open the file too. Hopefully someone can
help you figure out how to deal with the splines in the dxf.cpp file. Maybe
those working examples will help them.

codesite...@google.com

Sep 3, 2011, 2:07:14 PM9/3/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 363 by bigla...@startolj.hu: dxf open problem
http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/issues/detail?id=363

corel3->corel11->HPGL->Inkscape->(normal)svg->heekscad->gcode->emc2
Great work...

codesite...@google.com

Sep 3, 2011, 3:25:53 PM9/3/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 363 by ddfalck2...@yahoo.com: dxf open problem
http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/issues/detail?id=363

I tried this with Draftsight:
Print to file in svg format. Then Heekscad seems to open the svg file.