Issue 364 in heekscad: Exits WinXP32 seemingly right after opacity change combined with solid subtraction

codesite...@google.com

Sep 10, 2011, 1:08:27 PM9/10/11
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 364 by d...@comcast.net: Exits WinXP32 seemingly right after
opacity change combined with solid subtraction
http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/issues/detail?id=364

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1.Grid: inches, 0.05
2.Solid, create cuboid, resize to 2.4,2.4,0.25, set opacity to 0.5
3.Solid, create cylinder, center 1.2,1.2, radius 1, set height to 0.25,
4.subtract cylinder from cuboid to form part with center hole.

Program exits with error code, "Problem encountered" program exit dialog.

1.8 (I believe, installed 9/10/11 with your installer) don't see version
listed in program, exe file dated 5/13/11.
WinXP32, Media edition.

Suspect opacity setting may be involved, seemed stable until I made change
in opacity of cuboid in order to see underlying snap grid.

Ran for 40 min or so while I explored program, exited shortly after opacity
change. From Win error log:
Saturday, September 10, 2011 Applicatio n Error Faulting application
heekscad.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module heekscad.exe, version
0.0.0.0, fault address 0x001abe6e.

This time, exited fairly quickly after opacity change to cuboid.
Saturday, September 10, 2011 Applicatio n Error Faulting application
heekscad.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module heekscad.exe, version
0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0010d4bf.

I have another computer running Win7/64, I'll try to test on that system in
the next day or so. Neat program. Thanks. BTW, Fascinating blog!

David