Newbie here just got VS 2008 and source code installed

Ralph Freshour

Feb 26, 2016, 10:47:46 PM2/26/16
to HeeksCAD - Developers Mailing List
I just got VS 2008 installed and got SVN installed on my Win7 PC.

I'm following Dan's start up instructions here: https://code.google.com/archive/p/heekscnc/wikis/Compiling.wiki

When I do Build Project I get this:

1>------ Build started: Project: HeeksCNC, Configuration: Unicode Release Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>cl : Command line warning D9024 : unrecognized source file type '\lib\vc_dll\mswu', object file assumed
1>cl : Command line warning D9027 : source file '\lib\vc_dll\mswu' ignored
1>stdafx.cpp
1>c:\dev\heekscnc1.0wc\src\stdafx.h(17) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'wx/wx.h': No such file or directory
1>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
1>$(LIBAREA_PATH)
1>$(HEEKSCAD1PATH)
1>$(WXWIN)
1>$(CASROOT)
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Dev\HeeksCNC1.0wc\src\Unicode Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>HeeksCNC - 1 error(s), 2 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I don't see the wx folder in my source code?

FYI - I'm interested in modifying HeeksCAM to support low cost, low power (< 10 watts) laser machines. If anyone has any information or any interest in this kind of branch, please let me know. I could use all the help I can get.

I also have a question about how my modified source code is handled with SVN. I'm guessing I will be updating my code to SVN, but how is this managed with others updating their code as well? Should I be working in a dedicated branch?

Thanks for any help...

Dan Heeks

Feb 27, 2016, 3:57:04 AM2/27/16
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
Ralph,

The first line of the instructions is

"
You need to build HeeksCAD ( see http://code.google.com/p/heekscad/wiki/CompilingHeeksCAD1_0forWindows ), because HeeksCNC is an add-in for HeeksCAD.
"

How did you get on building HeeksCAD ( the CAD part )?

Dan Heeks.

Ralph Freshour

Feb 27, 2016, 10:54:25 PM2/27/16
to HeeksCAD - Developers Mailing List
Yeah, I see I missed that first part.

I'm down to this part:

(1) "Copy 4 of the dlls that get made from C:\wxWidgets-2.8.12\lib\vc_dll to HeeksCAD1.0 ( the folder you checked out this project to ).

They are: wxbase28u_vc_custom.dll wxmsw28u_aui_vc_custom.dll wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll wxmsw28u_gl_vc_custom.dll"

I did not find these 4 files in C:\wxWidgets-2.8.12\lib\ but I did fine them already in my C:\Program Files (x86)\HeeksCNC 1.1 folder. Is that location ok?

(2) "Make an environment variable called CASROOT with value of C:\OpenCASCADE6.5.2\ros"

I downloaded and unzipped OpenCascade but I didn't see an install file...how do I install the OpenCascade software?

Thanks...

Ralph Freshour

Apr 10, 2016, 10:08:07 PM4/10/16
to HeeksCAD - Developers Mailing List
Any more help with this?

Dan Heeks

Apr 11, 2016, 4:19:22 AM4/11/16
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com
You should build the wx dlls, but yes they should be the same as the ones that come with HeeksCNC.

Which link are you using for OpenCASCADE?

Dan.

Ralph Freshour

Apr 13, 2016, 1:11:43 AM4/13/16
to heeksca...@googlegroups.com