cassandra is adding features only for CQL not for thrift :(

sumit thakur

Aug 25, 2014, 9:42:13 AM8/25/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

Now, all new features are adding only for CQL 3(native), And we are using hector from long time.
Cassandra is adding feature like RDBMS , we are using cassandra for NOSQL feature(dynamic column-value creation).

Q. what is the future of hector api?

Please reply, i am little confuse.

Thanks
sumit

Nate McCall

Aug 25, 2014, 10:27:37 AM8/25/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com
Maintenance only.

At this point I don't think I would accept a major patch that touched
a lot of code as the API is pretty stable.

I would recommend moving to Astyanax if you wanted something that put
more effort on staying current.

Regardless, don't let anyone tell you that what you are doing is
"wrong" design wise. Dynamic columns drew a lot of people into
Cassandra in the first place, so they will be better supported on CQL
for backwards compatibility if nothing else. (You can do it now, it's
just not documented nor trivial).

Sumit Thakur

Aug 25, 2014, 11:07:36 AM8/25/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com