Timeout exception on range slice query

sumit thakur

Mar 21, 2014, 2:53:38 AM3/21/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com
Dear Team,

We are getting timeout exception while using range-slice query(no. of col = 100 and no. of row = 100, col size = 1 kb) and also break the connection with cassandra node.
Please suggest me if any configuration changes are required.

Thanks & Regards
Sumit Thakur

Nate McCall

Mar 21, 2014, 10:15:51 AM3/21/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com
That's still sort of a big-ish query. What's the output of nodetool
tpstats when this happens?

I also recommend turning on debug logging for StorageProxy via JMX so
you can see exactly what is going on.

You could also try tracing as well if you are on Cassandra 1.2.x.

sumit thakur

Mar 24, 2014, 5:21:20 AM3/24/14
to hector...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nate,

Thanks for reply.

I think , I am getting too many tombstone on range slice query because i used cassandra to store transient data.
Currently using  Apache Cassandra version : 1.1.5 , Hector core : 1.1-3

I will try same with  Casandra 2.0.4.

Regards
Sumit Thakur
RJIL