Http.geturl extended example

F1r3

Aug 8, 2012, 6:27:43 PM8/8/12
to Hecl
Hello there! I'm getting trouble using http.geturl function. Please
can you give an example of it's Query parameter usage. And maybe there
are some extended examples available for this function - the one in
the reference is not too informative - can't get how to send cookies
as well. Thanks.

David Welton

Aug 9, 2012, 4:17:38 AM8/9/12
to he...@googlegroups.com
Probably the easiest thing is to fire up the command line version of
Hecl and play around with making some requests - possibly to a remote
web server that you can control, so you can see how the data arrives.

It's been a little while, but I recall the query parameters being a
hash table like {key value}.
--
David N. Welton

http://www.welton.it/davidw/

http://www.dedasys.com/

F1r3

Aug 9, 2012, 11:33:32 AM8/9/12
to Hecl
So http.formatQuery method just return the hash table formed from the
passed parameters?

David Welton

Aug 13, 2012, 4:40:55 PM8/13/12
to he...@googlegroups.com
I don't recall exactly - the best thing to do right now, if you're
going to use Hecl, is to familiarize yourself with the underlying Java
code. Not the answer everyone wants to hear, but it's the best
documentation out there.