Spring growth in the grounds

C Wearing

Mar 22, 2011, 4:53:09 AM3/22/11
to Hebridean Cycle Club
I'd not been for a ride in the Castle Grounds for a while. I took a
spin through yesterday to escape the high winds on the west side & was
impressed with the progress of the trail works.
Angus was just finishing his days work in the mini digger as I arrived
for a spin about.

The ground is now cleared all the way from the One Tel carpark to the
Waterwheel & the majority of the ground is clay below the surface so
hardcore will sit well.

Chatting with Angus I pointed out that we'd only need a cleared width
1/2 of that cleared for single track riding so I'd not be surprised if
his work progresses even faster on the remaining trials (the Stornoway
Spring growth rate'll fill any extra width on the trail once the path
is cleared anyway).

All in all I'm stoked on what is appearing from the woods.
Even slip sliding down the fresh clay surface was a blast. Can't wait
till the hard goes down with a few rock drops, berms & trail toys in
place.

Plus, that's just one section! I took a ride up toward the Saw Mills &
College following the new marker canes laid down by Pete on his last
visit which flow well on the slope.

The tardis like trial potential of the Castle Grounds is really
showing itself now thanks to the hard work of Chris, Angus, Joe,
Steve, Pete, Beastie, Erol & crew. Nice one guys.

Craig