Windies effort and press release

1 view

The Tree

Jul 9, 2008, 5:27:57 PM7/9/08
to Hebridean Cycle Club
Hi All,
Amazing stuff by Ian - i would have kept the people at Ginsters in
pension funds if i had attempted such a challenge. Moreover, we had
our club press call on Saturday at the Waterwheel with Rod taking a
pic for the gazette. thanks for all the bods that turned up especially
the younger guys - one of whom managed to releave me of my new club
Gillet, so Good work that man. I wrote a brief overview of what the
club had achieved over the past few months in terms of numbers and
events etc, which should be in tomorrows gazette. I think a lot of
people were questioning where the club was going due to lack of
communication over the past couple of months, but i do not think there
is any need to worry based on the rides i had whilst home, and peoples
plans to enter races etc. ~The MTB trail will start in earnest this
August when Pete Will come up to do a bespoke design, so it would be
good to get the kids involved prior to this date, as the track will be
of most benefit to them in the long run. Personally i intend to do the
Fort bill SXC race in the Sports class as well as the Loch Ness 360
road race this year. I have also signed up to the Etape next year
along with Neil, so it would be good to get a team entered for next
year - any thoughts. Apart from that it was good to see Gavin with
possible the worst hangover I've encountered throughout my
prestigious drinking career

See you soon

Steve