Advent of Code 2021

Nick Bensema

Dec 10, 2021, 9:34:32 AM12/10/21
to HeatSync Labs
Is anyone doing Advent of Code this year?

This is a free yearly Christmas-themed web event where 50 programming puzzles are presented over the course of 25 days.  They range widely in difficulty.  Some of them are simple in concept, but the hard part is writing a program that solves it in seconds instead of days.  A few are variations of famous programming problems and algorithms.

Each day, you are given a task, a small example data set with the answer, and a large input data set where you have to supply the answer.  If you get the correct answer, you get a second task that uses the same data, including another answer for the example data.  You can use any programming language you want; the solution is always an integer, though often a very large one.

2021's event is in progress, and there's no time limit on anything.

If Heatsync Labs has a github or google account, we can use it to create a private leaderboard.  If not, everyone can just pile on mine, the code is 1198371-66f59dda.  Your leaderboard score is based on the day/time you completed the puzzle, regardless of when you join the leaderboard.

Nate Plamondon

Dec 10, 2021, 1:31:00 PM12/10/21
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
I love this annual challenge. This year, I'm using it to teach myself Go.

--
Nate Plamondon