Bike Maintenance

Robert Bushman

Sep 11, 2022, 11:16:07 PM9/11/22
to HeatSync Labs
I hosted a bike maintenance class today. Darrell, who leads the machine
shop, and Rodrigo, a first time visitor, were the first lucky victims of
this new class.

Darrell brought his black Specialized trail bike and his white
Cannondale roadie, tuning up the shifters and brakes on each. He has
been over to Bike Saviours a couple times recently and his well known
mechanical skills are showing as he learns about wrenching on bikes.

Rodrigo, a professor at U of A, had a very pretty Martone with a
two-speed centrifugal automatic hub by SRAM. We did a mechanical
inspection and, finding nothing simple to attend to, pulled the front
wheel for a bit of truing. Bike Saviours had loaned HeatSync a Park Tool
truing stand for the day.

It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to putting this class on again!

See the attached images.
IMG_3596.jpg
IMG_3602.jpg
IMG_3609.jpg