Proposal - Repair and improvements to the ultimaker 2

mib....@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2022, 4:51:04 PM9/14/22
to HeatSync Labs
Good afternoon heatsyncers.

I bring unfortunate news but a plan forward. The heated bed on the ultimaker 2 has failed. It started throwing thermal errors possibly related to the either the heater or the thermistor. Jasper suggested reseating the cables which I attempted last 3d print day but the cables were so old and heat damaged / corroded that both the wire and the ferrules on the wire crumbled as they were taken off and there wasnt really much left to reseat and after reseating the bed fails to heat entirely. I couldn't pull decent continuity or consistent voltage off the cabling so I am calling it dead. While most ultimaker parts are quite expensive, the bed and cables are actually not terribly priced.

Heated Bed Panel and Cable(UMO+/UM2/UM2C/UM3) - $115 shipped

The ultimaker has been a real lab workhorse serving through the beginning of covid with distinction, it is still our fastest printer and the only printer capable of using our stock of 2.85mm filament, so I think this is a worthwhile investment. As it is over $100, It goes to proposal! So very simply, I propose we buy the parts and I will replace them.

Questions? debate? please use the discussion group so we can have a speedy vote at HYH.

John Schneider

Sep 14, 2022, 5:09:13 PM9/14/22
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
The Ultimaker has been sorely missed (at least by me, and doubtless others) for larger prints and for ABS filament.  I suggest the proposal be approved.