Bob for Operations

Robert Bushman

Sep 27, 2022, 9:26:29 PM9/27/22
to opera...@heatsynclabs.org, HeatSync Labs, bo...@heatsynclabs.org
I would like to formally submit my candidacy for the Operations position
on the board. Over the coming year, I would like to see how much I can
help shift us from recovery to growth.

I've outlined the aspects of HeatSync Labs that are most important to
me, and how I would approach operations here:

https://wiki.heatsynclabs.org/wiki/User:RobertBushman

SM Newstead

Sep 27, 2022, 9:49:53 PM9/27/22
to Robert Bushman, HSL Operations Team, HeatSync Labs, board@heatsynclabs.org Board
Absolutely wonderful. You'll do very well indeed.

Jeff Sittler

Sep 28, 2022, 12:27:30 AM9/28/22
to HeatSync Labs
I too think Bob would make a great board member.  While I have not really talked to Bob too much, from what I have seen from his participation at HYH and activity on Slack, he has really stepped up and has taken the initiative to help move the lab in the right direction.

Thanks Bob!

Robert Bushman

Sep 28, 2022, 2:00:50 AM9/28/22
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Likewise! I've seen how engaged and knowledgeable you are and think
you'd do a great job!
> <https://wiki.heatsynclabs.org/wiki/User:RobertBushman>
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/heatsynclabs/8210ae8b-fc23-4016-b8dc-42ed97f5b992n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/heatsynclabs/8210ae8b-fc23-4016-b8dc-42ed97f5b992n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Heather Jackson

Sep 28, 2022, 9:41:06 AM9/28/22
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
+1 on Bob Bushman for Operations!
His creative problem solving and love for the community and the lab will make him great at this.

> On Sep 27, 2022, at 11:00 PM, Robert Bushman <rbb3620...@traxel.com> wrote:
>
> Likewise! I've seen how engaged and knowledgeable you are and think you'd do a great job!
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/heatsynclabs/7cd20cb3-8bc4-02fc-7ac7-f6ac0e127798%40traxel.com.

Darrell Wertz

Sep 28, 2022, 1:24:29 PM9/28/22
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com, opera...@heatsynclabs.org, bo...@heatsynclabs.org
Awesome! I'm excited about the organized energy you bring to the lab.

Darrell Wertz

Lindsey Dedina

Oct 3, 2022, 12:11:46 PM10/3/22
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com, opera...@heatsynclabs.org, bo...@heatsynclabs.org
Are there board positions available?

SM Newstead

Oct 3, 2022, 12:23:59 PM10/3/22
to Lindsey Dedina, HeatSync Labs, HSL Operations Team, board@heatsynclabs.org Board
Yes, all of them.

Eric Wood

Oct 3, 2022, 12:27:06 PM10/3/22
to HeatSync Labs
Regarding the question, "Are there board positions available?" - the answer is a resounding YES! All of our board positions open annually and are voted on by members at an HYH meeting in this month. I have mentioned that I do not plan to run again for Treasurer due to some other projects I am taking on this year. Ops has also said that they do not plan to run and I don't believe any of the other board members have committed either way.

If you are interested in participating on the board please express your interest. If you happen to be interested in Treasurer, I will be available for several months to help with the transition. The project that I expected to start on this year got pushed to April/May due to supply issues.

Lindsey Dedina

Oct 3, 2022, 12:28:08 PM10/3/22
to SM Newstead, HeatSync Labs, HSL Operations Team, board@heatsynclabs.org Board
I'd love to see the list.  The website is so busy ....

Jot Powers

Oct 3, 2022, 12:30:12 PM10/3/22
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com, SM Newstead, HSL Operations Team, board@heatsynclabs.org Board
The board positions are:
  • Champion (2)
  • Treasurer
  • Secretary
  • Operations

SM Newstead

Oct 3, 2022, 12:32:16 PM10/3/22
to Lindsey Dedina, HeatSync Labs, HSL Operations Team, board@heatsynclabs.org Board
Of course. We have operations, of course. Secretary, treasurer, and two champions which are kind of like president and vice president but are more like two co-chairs. The descriptions of the duties of each office are in the wiki at this link:

Eric Wood

Oct 3, 2022, 12:48:25 PM10/3/22
to HeatSync Labs
Just one clarification, both the treasurer and champion roles can be filled by 1 or 2 people. The more the merrier!