Virtual classes question

Eric Ose

Jan 6, 2022, 4:54:01 PM1/6/22
to HSL Google Group
Hey Lab,
If I host a virtual class do I have to pay HSL a percentage ticket cost to have it on our calendar etc?

I'm thinking of doing some virtual classes and possibly some hybrid classes where the designing is done in advance and cutting out the projects is done separately.

It's been 2 years since I hoste "Designing for the Laser or Vinyl Cutter with Inkscape" and I figured more people may want this or the Intermediate design class.

Lindsey Dedina

Jan 6, 2022, 8:25:58 PM1/6/22
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Who is the website host for the calendar?

Eric Ose

Jan 6, 2022, 9:16:45 PM1/6/22
to HSL Google Group
It's less about who has access and more about precedents and written protocol.

For workshops 30% goes of class costs goes to HeatSync (after subtraction materials costs). That has on occasion caused some classes without enough attendance to not even make me minimum wage. Kind of frustrating, but not terrible considering I'll volunteer my time anyway. Just can't expect everyone to have that same mindset.

I still have access to add things to the Google calendar as do some other people. I also have access to our guestlist account.

I suppose I can just go for it and see who complains about it.

-Eric Ose
Robot Ambassador
Southwest Maker Fest President

David S Flores

Jan 7, 2022, 1:21:59 AM1/7/22
to HeatSync Labs
If you are using HeatSync Labs resources to promote a class/event you should contribute to its sustainability to ensure HeatSync Labs is around for others who might want to do classes and events.

You could self promote your event, but you as an individual might not have the reach of using the labs established userbase and social media reach.

Eric Ose

Jan 7, 2022, 11:19:20 AM1/7/22
to HSL Google Group
Do you think 10% would be satisfactory for a virtual class? I guess the question is more about how much since 30% is a significant chunk and virtual classes would not take up resources within the lab.

I've never bothered with creating a separate network of people to market workshops to because I care more about HeatSync Labs. In fact HeatSync is at least 70% if not 80% of the reason for me to be pushing forward with having Southwest Maker Fest next month.

David S Flores

Jan 7, 2022, 11:29:53 AM1/7/22
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Maybe it should be adjusted to ensure the instructor is fairly compensated for the event.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "HeatSync Labs" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/heatsynclabs/CAEk_gvBPLvOXJ%3DijmUcr5sF9tAwpwgTSdrszfAA5uc2wNxTgDw%40mail.gmail.com.

Eric Ose

Jan 8, 2022, 11:29:58 AM1/8/22
to HSL Google Group
Honestly I think going forward I'll just double all of my class costs and split things 50/50 with HeatSync. Some parts that the HeatSync Board has to deal with aren't worth the trouble unless the costs are increased.

-Eric Ose
Robot Ambassador
Southwest Maker Fest President

Mike Wolfson