Is a computerized embroidery machine available?

VN Truong

Dec 19, 2021, 3:25:14 AM12/19/21
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Did HSL have a computerized embroidery machine available? If so, is there someone I should contact if I want to get training on it/learn how to use it? I can supply materials if needed.

Many thanks!

 - V T

Cprossu

Dec 19, 2021, 9:51:29 AM12/19/21
to HeatSync Labs
We do have a husqvarna viking embroidery machine at the lab. It's really old and no one has yet documented the process of setting it up and using it to my knowledge (or at least not posted it on here/in the wiki). No classes for it have been taught in years, but some members may still know how to run it (sorry I can't be of help here!).

That being said, we have the machine, the accessories, a whole lot of manuals, the proprietary memory cards it uses, a reader/writer, a computer old enough running Windows XP to use the software (currently also the 'big laser' computer), and that software is installed.

The software is called "Husqvarna Viking Embroidery System 5" if you want to look into it, and as I recall the correct file format for the machine is '.hus'

Rafael

Dec 19, 2021, 10:32:35 AM12/19/21
to heatsy...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this is amazing 😮