Solar Project Assistance

Cody

Jan 21, 2022, 9:15:35 PM1/21/22
to HeatSync Labs
Hello, I'm working on a solar heating project and I have a design that I would like to put together and test..
It's made to be pretty easy to put together but I'm in need of a band saw to cut some square tubing, a tig welder to weld the parts together, and a drill/mill.
I could also make use of the CNC mill but it's not required for my project.

I've been to heatsync before and I believe I got certified to use some tools in the back but it was a while ago. But I have pretty in depth experience with metalworking, CNC machining, welding, coding, electronics...

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me? Or if I could come in to check if I'm still certified to use the tools in the back?
I imagine it would take an hour or so of work to cut the pieces and weld together what I need.

Thanks,
Cody

Eric Ose

Jan 26, 2022, 12:44:22 PM1/26/22
to HSL Google Group
Cody,
For some reason I saw this in my personal spam and maybe nobody else saw it either.

Typically if you previously certified on a tool you are good to go. If you need a refresher on something don't hesitate to ask.

The CNC itself has been modified so you'd definitely need to talk to Darrell before using it.

-Eric Ose
Robot Ambassador
Southwest Maker Fest President