A question regarding your fondness for pr0nz.

1 view

Alex F. Vance

Mar 15, 2010, 11:56:26 AM3/15/10
to heathencity
Hi gang!

The current Heathen City team has been slaving away for months to bring y'all the next volume this summer, and we're going to be showing some more cool stuff right soon. I've learned a lot from the production of, and responses to, the first and second book and this next one builds on the strengths of both.

Most recently it occurred to me that the book as a whole became a lot tighter if I cut a few pages from Ayato's segment and saved those for the next book, as that kept the focus firmly on the core characters and thematic throughline without distracting with other plotlines that wouldn't be resolved until the next volume anyway, when a curious realization dawned on me.

HC3 has almost no sex whatsoever. And what sex there is, is proper Sin City style film noir stuff. And it's straight, and short, and not at all intended to be arousing.

How did that happen?!

How am I gonna get people to buy this if all I have to offer is a set of contrasting but intertwining stories of betrayal, filicide and Oedipal reconciliation that chronicle the aftermath of the events on the Corinthia?

How are people going to respond to a vast cast of characters that include scary twins called Merry & Pippin, a paramilitary wolf bitch who knows how to take charge of a situation, a detective with a brutally old-fashioned, hands-on interrogation style, and a set of corporate mogul types who've either been brainwashed into making truly insane sacrifices for some higher purpose -- or know something we don't?

I mean, look at that sliver of the new cover art I've just included. There's not even a hint of a dick in it! Just a faded, crumpled photograph and some dumb molecular formula knifed into a table-top.

People, I need your help! I ask you: does HC have a future without porn?

- Alex
HC3-Kaji-Glimpse.jpg

Zoosh

Mar 15, 2010, 12:49:44 PM3/15/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com

You should have bolded “almost no sex whatsoever”.   It still has some!

William Cox

Mar 15, 2010, 12:54:38 PM3/15/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com
It is a stretch of disbelief to suppose that between Owen, Malloy, Caulfield, and Tiber Ferrum there could be 30-40 minutes (let alone pages of action-packed excitement) without any sex.

Da Bad Boy Bunny ^.^

Mar 15, 2010, 1:00:32 PM3/15/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com
What no pron? Dang, better wait for issue 4 then :P

Georgi Valchev

Mar 15, 2010, 3:06:43 PM3/15/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com
No pron?! In a furry work that is supposed to sell?! The semantic axioms of the furry fandom have just doomed your project to utter devastating failure! ...

That, or you'll just double the demand for HC4 by introducing such a sexual void and filling it with quality story material, thereby increasing the desirability for HC4 not only in a pornographic aspect, but also in terms of the audience wanting to see the resolution of the impending cliffhanger that is HC3 :P

/endrant-analysis-whatever

Good luck with HC3!:)

--
Ars adeo latet arte sua.

Patrick MacGregor

Mar 15, 2010, 7:53:24 PM3/15/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com
The bunny goes all zombified and lurnches into a shambling walk...."Must have pooooooooorn...!"
Mar 16, 2010, 9:10:11 AM3/16/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com
NO PORN!?!?!?!?! But the wanking must NEVER stop.

Takkun Onimaka

Mar 18, 2010, 4:17:52 AM3/18/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com
Some people such as myself don't mind a good story.
I like furry porn as much as the next guy(/girl) but it's not something that my life is limited to, unlike some people I guess.

Spex Wulf

Mar 18, 2010, 7:18:22 AM3/18/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com
Jerry Meguire: "Show Me teh CAWK!!!!!!"