Nominate HC for the '09 Ursa Majors

Alex F. Vance

Feb 2, 2010, 5:02:10 AM2/2/10
to heathencity
Guys,

It's that time of year again. The nominations for the Ursa Major Awards for 2009 are open until the end of February, and despite some funny business regarding new rules of 'decency' among the UMA, we of the Heathen City Ghost Horses want a second Ursa Major certificate to hang on the wall. You all know what we need from you.

As always, the first round is for nominations, and after a selection of titles have been nominated, voting will open. Nominations are currently in effect until the end of February, so go here to get a Nomination key and sign up:

http://www.ursamajorawards.org/nominations.htm

Heathen City won the '08 UMA for Best Graphic Story, so if you want to show your support, that's the category to nominate HC in.

As always: be honest. Nominate as many titles published in '09 as think worthy of the award!

- Alex

Jason Leisemann

Feb 2, 2010, 6:19:46 AM2/2/10
to heath...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I'm not at all surprised to see those new rules in there after the drama surrounding the nomination of Finding Avalon and Softpaw last year.  Though, personally, I'm inclined to just point to the fact that those didn't win and say that the fandom self-policed, others were more... irritated by it.

Good luck, guys!  :3