"minimum heart rate readings"... doesn't apply to the by-minute display, does it?

electr...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2019, 5:07:04 PM12/6/19
to Heart Trace
In the out of the box settings, heart rate is collected once per 5 minutes (or maybe once per 20 minutes) and the "minimum heart rate readings" is set to 3. The definition of minimum heart rate readings is the number of successful readings in a period in order to calculate and record a heart rate readings. From these settings, I'd think I'd never get anything in the by-minute display, but it's all there.

Does this "minimum heart rate readings" not apply to the by-minute display? (or else I must be misunderstanding something).

Magic09 Apps

May 28, 2020, 5:17:46 PM5/28/20
to Heart Trace
Hi, thanks for the question.  At present the way it works is at every scan interval (5, 10, 15 mins etc) the heart rate sensor is activated.  Readings are then received from the sensor.  Provided these readings meet the required quality level (this is passed with each reading from the sensor) then it counts to the minimum heart rate readings total.  For example if the minimum required is 5 then the sensor will stay active (for a maximum of a minute) listening to readings.  But as soon as it has 5 it will deactivate the sensor, calculate the average reading, store and then wait for the next scan interval.
I hope this helps explain how it works.  Please let me know if you need any further explanation.