Heart Trace not updating

Peter Puffler

Apr 8, 2019, 3:52:47 AM4/8/19
to Heart Trace
After updating Wear OS to version "H", Heart Trace does't update automatically frequency heart rate. Only one time per day? Is any solution? I have Ticwatch Pro. (Sorry for language)

z199...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2019, 3:45:25 AM4/15/19
to Heart Trace
I have the same problem. After some system or Wear os updates, the auto measurements stop working. Any updates?

Robert French

Apr 16, 2019, 2:06:09 PM4/16/19
to Heart Trace
Same here on my Ticwatch Pro with system H.

To be fair, your app is not the only one having issues with continuous HR monitoring, I have tested a lot of apps that try cont HR and the same thing happens...they work for a while in the background then just stop monitoring. Seems like the background service/job scheduler is being killed by the battery optimisations introduced in H, the irony being in system developer options there is a list of apps that are exempt from the battery optimisations i.e. Mobvoi's own health apps and Google system apps...however, unlike full blown android on a mobile it seems no apps can be added to the exemption list without requiring some sort of root access I would believe!

Marvin Andro

Apr 16, 2019, 7:39:38 PM4/16/19
to Heart Trace
Same here. Original Huawei watch.
Just googled this page and glad to see it exist since G+ got killed but I wonder if the Dev is monitoring it.
Message has been deleted

Magic09 Apps

May 23, 2019, 7:21:58 PM5/23/19
to Heart Trace
Thanks for raising the this.  I'm in the final stages of testing a release that fixes this issue.  I should be rolling out a beta this weekend.  Thanks for your patience.

Robert French

May 26, 2019, 8:27:41 AM5/26/19
to Heart Trace
Updated beta seems to be working fine at this time. Installed last night just before midnight and allowed it to run through the night, trace was good and consistent. Also tried a charge cycle this morning and the trace stopped as it should and restarted once back on my wrist. Will continue to test for the next few days.👍

Magic09 Apps

May 26, 2019, 3:02:44 PM5/26/19
to Heart Trace
Thanks for the update.

lsso...@gmail.com

May 28, 2019, 11:44:20 PM5/28/19
to Heart Trace
My TicWatch pro has an interesting issue that when using Google fit recording a run for 30 mins, the HR sensor will not functioning. (The green light will not flash, even manually request a measurement with any app, including HT2 or any other sport app like Google fit.

With latest update, it seems this issue got better. Now the heart rate sensor can functioning for more than 1 hour, however, I still have this problem once after 2.5h of activity recording with Google fit.

Not sure if HT2 is affect this or not but the Heart rate sensor does not just stopped around 30 min after the latest update. (before it can never last more than 30 min)

With previous version, disable the service (via phone HT2 app) seems help a bit. (The HR sensor lasts longer (~30min) then if the service is not disabled.(15~20 min))

Maybe your latest update does mitigate this problem but if possible, please look into this issue....

Thanks!

alaadrag...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2019, 8:53:34 AM6/1/19
to Heart Trace
Sync between watch an phone app is not working, doesn't update on the latest beta, please fix.

alex....@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2019, 2:11:20 AM6/17/19
to Heart Trace
For me it worked two days flawless with the new Version, but then stopped again. Now I only have one value all 2 or 4 hours (but like exactly 2 or 4 hours between each value) instead of the chosen 5 min interval

gtab...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2019, 12:21:10 PM8/19/19
to Heart Trace
TicWatch Pro, Pixel3XL. On mine, I noticed it worked fine for a couple of days, then it would get spotty, then stop completely. Eventually I connected the dots and realized it worked after I'd opened it on my watch. I started opening it on my watch once a day, and got a full week with no gaps. Then I cut back to every other day, and got another week with no gaps. So now I just open it and do a manual check every day or so, and it's working perfectly - no gaps, no missing entries.