Just in case any of you visit SPI... new permanent approved (SpaceX Odyssey)

瀏覽次數:2 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Rob Tulloh

未讀,
2020年12月29日 下午6:07:202020/12/29
收件者:Hill Country Randonneurs、Heart of Texas Randonneurs
HI there,

With the advent of the new perms program, I noted that the South Texas randos seem to have all disappeared along with all their perms. I am heading to South Padre Island next month and so I created a permanent to keep me busy and fit during my stay. It features a whopping 469 feet of climbing - it's flat down there near the coast. However, there is wind, heat, and humidity to deal with so the route isn't without some challenges. At least in winter, the heat won't be the big issue - but wind is always a factor no matter what time of year it is.

"SpaceX Odyssey" is approved and placed it in RUSA's Route Library:
Please note the route has been assigned # 4026.

Many thanks to Crista for getting this quickly approved. It's a simple route, so that helped a lot.

Rob

Gary Gottlieb

未讀,
2020年12月29日 下午6:24:402020/12/29
收件者:Rob Tulloh、Hill Country Randonneurs、Heart of Texas Randonneurs
Rob,

A long time ago we did a 300K brevet out of Port Isabel (inland from SPI). It only had five turns. A 200 mile square around 50 miles per side.

Going west and north it was easy. When we headed east things got interesting. Going south was a beating.

When we finished I saw the owner of a small seafood restaurant locking up. I said “I will give you $20 for a bowl of gumbo”.  He then asked how many of us were there.  I said ten or so.  He opened the place up and cooked for us. We had shrimp a dozen different ways, wine, and French bread. The owner never hurried us. He just sat there and listened to our BS.

It was one of the best post-ride meals we have ever eaten.

Gary

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 29, 2020, at 5:07 PM, Rob Tulloh <rob.t...@gmail.com> wrote:

回覆所有人