New server (GeoSAGE)

nicopresto

Dec 2, 2010, 8:56:43 PM12/2/10
to HealthScapes
Today our mapping capabilities were vastly enhanced with the arrival
of a new dedicated server for Geoserver and PostGIS. We will be
working with our partners to populate the server with maps, such as
those we've been gathering for Healthscapes over the past 14 months.

I'm equally excited about the origins of the server. It is from
ZaReason.com--an open hardware company. It came with Ubuntu pre-
installed, RAID5 pre-configured, and a screwdriver in the box.

The new server (GeoSAGE) is a contribution from our department (Center
for Sustainability and the Global Environment) to improve access to
maps of relevance to disasters, sustainability, and global
environmental health.

Cheers,
Nico