New version of healthscapes (demo v0.1.5)

nicopresto

Oct 22, 2010, 4:26:25 AM10/22/10
to HealthScapes
Updates:
1) Released new version (0.1.5)
2) Moved code repository to Launchpad
3) Extracted SVG graphing library to savagelib

Details:
1) This morning we launched a new version of Healthscapes (http://
map.healthscapes.org). Based on early feedback, we have reconfigured
the interface into tabs. v0.1.5 is a transitional release as we move
towards allowing users to upload and edit analyses. The next release
v0.2 will allow limited editing of attribute groups (sets) in place of
the 'bridge'.

2) We have moved Healthscapes to Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/
healthscapes). Our collaborators at Sahana are on Launchpad and we
would like to collaborate even more closely. As a consequence, the
version control has been reset with the shift from Mercurial to
Bazaar.

3) The SVG graphing library has taken on a life of its own. Zack has
made great progress on the library and we would like to encourage it's
use and development beyond Healthscapes. The library can now be found
at https://launchpad.net/savagelib. All future releases of
Healthscapes will depend on SaVaGe. It should be placed in the web2py/
site-packages folder.