[WG-HealthIDAssurance] Draft agenda for Thursday June 3, 2021 at 2 PM ET

Tom (Thomas) Sullivan

Jun 1, 2021, 10:17:33 PM6/1/21
to Kantara WG HealthIDassurance TomSullivanMD, Smiley, Carmen (OS/ONC)

HIAWG members,

N.B.  The https:// URL login and access code below are new!

Here is the draft agenda for Thursday.   Please contact me ASAP if you want some edits or additions.

Healthcare - HIAWG and IDEF sub WG Created by: kantarai...@gmail.com

Time     2pm‎ - ‎3pm‎‎ (Eastern Time - New York)

Date      Thursday, June 3, 2021

Where   GoToMeeting (GTM2)

Please join our meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

 https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/975495917
Access Code: 975-495-917

1.  Roll Call: Start recording!! Tom Sullivan

1. Approval of minutes from 5/6/21 Delayed :

2. Recent emails, meetings and brief discussions: Anyone?

3. New Business:

This is the substance of the most recent Carin Alliance meeting on Identification and Authorization on May 28.  Colin, Jim and I were in attendance. It's based on the recent HHS thinking about XMS functionality derived from NIST 800-63-x.  See Ryan's introduction and the PPT attached.

Hello all:

For today’s call, we will be pleased to be joined by representatives from the Department of HHS who will be discussing their XMS functionality. The functionality allows for multiple IdPs to be supported within an HHS identity broker tool that is live and in production today. We have been talking to HHS for the last couple of months about how we might be able to use this functionality to begin to federate digital identities in health care and we want to further discuss this topic with the CARIN Digital ID group.

We recognize this is the Friday before a holiday weekend so we plan to record this session and post it on Causeway so you can watch it later. We have also attached the XMS briefing documentation to this email as background. We will be reviewing this deck on the call today. In June (and if there is continued interest), we will plan to do a demo of the tool itself.

We look forward to a robust conversation.

Best,

Ryan

Ryan Howells | Leavitt Partners, LLC | 770-630-6146 | ryan.h...@leavittpartners.com | www.LeavittPartners.com

​4.  Next Meeting/Conference call schedule: We will invite guest speakers where appropriate.     a.) Regularly scheduled Conference calls, every first and third Thursday at 2 PM ET:  June 17,  2020                                          Thomas E Sullivan, MD   Chief Medical Strategic Officer    DrFirst.com, Inc.  (978) 729-5075 (M)  tsul...@drfirst.com

Notice of Confidentiality: The information included and/or attached in this electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged information and is intended for the addressee. Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the contents of the information is prohibited. If you believe that you have received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.
NextGen XMS_Overview Briefing_Jan 2021 (1).pdf