[WG-HealthIDAssurance] first let's stop killing people

Tom Jones

Apr 15, 2021, 4:05:26 PMApr 15
to wg-healthi...@kantarainitiative.org
All the chatter about identities seems to have taken our eye off the ball.
Hippocrates had it right - first to no harm.
There was a question about countries that have a single id.
I note that Ireland recently introduced a single id with the goal of reducing errors.
The link has a chart that shows clearly that small countries (together with countries that just lie) do a better job than large countries. France and Germany are about the worst. Ireland is better than the US, but not better than smaller countries. No evidence that a single ID helps much. So my takeaway is to stop talking about things make life easier for the IT dept and focus on saving lives.

There is a great chart on p 13, I think you can ignore the rest of the doc.

Be the change you want to see in the world ..tom

Tom Jones

Apr 15, 2021, 4:14:28 PMApr 15
to wg-healthi...@kantarainitiative.org
oh - and here is more about the Ireland use case.

Be the change you want to see in the world ..tom