Festive greetings from the Kantara Team

1 view

Kantara Initiative Membership

Dec 23, 2022, 6:15:08 PM12/23/22
to healthidassuranc...@googlegroups.com
Reflecting on 2022

I would like to thank you for all your support for the work of Kantara Initiative in the past year.

Whether you are a member, a Work Group participant, a partner, client or an assessor in one of our Identity Assurance programs, collectively we have achieved much in 2022.

  • Membership is growing steadily and now nearly 21% of our membership is represented by organizations with 1000+ employees. This is up from 16% last year.
  • Our Privacy Enhancing Mobile Credentials (PEMC) Work Group engaged Heather Flanagan as a technical writer to assist in their work, including a white paper on their collaboration and outputs with the Open ID Foundation (OIDF).
  • In 2022 we awarded more new Identity Assurance certifications than in 2020 and 2021 combined. This does not include those clients approved under our UK program.
  • In March we were selected as one of 5 trusted bodies to certify identity and attribute solutions providers under the new UK government's Identity Assurance framework (DIATF). Currently we have several clients going through our program and we have been very impressed by the high calibre of their applications.
  • We launched the first Diversity, Equity & Inclusion survey in our industry to better understand the levels of investment across the identity sector. KI Board Director, Jordan Burris, will be leading on this in 2023, supported by a new Committee of volunteer members.
  • Linked to this, we launched a new Work Group for "Resilient Identifiers for Underserved Populations" which seeks to establish identifiers and access management (IAM) solutions that respect privacy, promote efficiency and reduce barriers to use/adoption among traditionally marginalized populations..
  • Our brand recognition has increased tremendously in the past 12 months. LinkedIn followership is up by 25% and we have been asked to present at all major Identity events across N America and Europe.

I am very proud to lead this organization into 2023.  I would also like to say a huge thank you to our Board of Directors and the "back office" team for their support and hard work.  Thank you, especially, to our outgoing President, Matt Thompson. We wish him continued success and look forward to collaborating further through Socure's organizational membership.

Finally, my best wishes to you and your families at this holiday season.

I hope you will find time for rest and relaxation!

Kay Chopard,
Executive Director, Kantara Initiative

AGM slides now available to watch

Our recent Annual General Membership Meeting will shortly be available to watch online. Please email our Communications Team if you would like a copy of the slides that were presented on 7 December.

Email us
Board of Directors
New Board of Directors elected for 2023

Following a change in our Bylaws last year, all Directors are now elected by members. We are delighted that all nominated candidates received the required number of votes and are duly elected to the Board.

Read More
New awards under the US and UK programs

We recently awarded TrustMarks under the UK Digital Identity & Attributes Framework to Konfir and Persona Identities. Persona also received a Kantara TrustMark for conformance to NIST standards in the US. Congratulations to both organizations for excellent submissions

View the full DIATF Trust List
Konfir logo
Building Trust through Attribute Assurance

The Konfir team recently published a blog on why  identity assurance certification is a must for the identity services industry. And why attribute assurance is becoming increasingly important.

Read here
NIST logo
NIST 800-63-4 Workshop date announced

The long awaited draft to SP 800-63-4 has now been published. Kantara members are invited to attend a workshop at Venable in DC on 24 January2023. Details to follow.

Read the Draft Overview