Fitbit

1 view

Christina

Jun 2, 2015, 9:10:33 PM6/2/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Hi. So, Matt got me hooked on Fitbit and now I have one. Do any of the
rest of you? I think it'd be fun to send each other challenges.
Christina

Donna Smith

Jun 6, 2015, 10:44:32 AM6/6/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Is this something other than the fitbit app?
> --
>
> ---

Christina

Jun 6, 2015, 5:03:25 PM6/6/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Hi. You get a little electronic piece that clips on to your clothing and monitors your steps. It cyncs with the app to tell you your steps and you can input your food intake. If you get the wireless scale, it also tracks your weight.

Matthew Nixon

Jun 6, 2015, 5:25:22 PM6/6/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
The ap is the social media and command center for fitbit.

It is designed to pair with the aria (dedicated wireless scale and body fat
measurement device) and/or a fitbit zip (portable pedometer that clips to
clothing or carries in a pocket.)

They also make wrist band accessories that vary in complexity from a sleep
tracker/pedometer to a full on smart watch that tracks everything including
heart rate.

These items report their data to the ap, usually through your phone.

The ap has places to track:

Weight

Steps/day

Water in Oz drunk per day

Food log

Miles covered

Aprox calories burned

Calories you can eat assuming you have a food plan.

The ap is really just your smart phone’s way of representing the data on the
fitbit website.

Some items, like tracking food, seem easier from the site. Others like
logging water and deleting unintended food log entries seem easier from the
phone app.

The steps, weight, calories burned, miles covered, and durivitive data are
handled by the ap and the smart devices.

You have to manually track water drunk, type of exercize, sleep, and food
log if you want to keep track of it.

It’s a customizable system that you can make as simple or as detailed as you
want.

The site will send you weekly summaries through email and will send you text
messages when you reach a goal, are close to a goal, or are taking part in a
competition with other people.

I’m going to write up a general review on the product soon, and then a
specific review of the aria and the zip respectively.

Donna Smith

Jun 7, 2015, 10:15:58 AM6/7/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Cool. I don't have one of those. Do you input your food intake?

Christina

Jun 7, 2015, 10:30:06 AM6/7/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
I don't. I'm too lazy.
I bought mine for about $45.00.

Jun 8, 2015, 6:19:18 AM6/8/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
I input new items so I can get an idea of my caloric intake.
I don't track every day.

Lisa Salinger

Jun 10, 2015, 9:20:35 PM6/10/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
I'm very late, but I have a Fitbit and really like it. It keeps me honest!

Lisa Salinger
www.LisaSalinger.com

Matthew Nixon

Jun 11, 2015, 5:58:26 AM6/11/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Wana be friends on fitbit?

Lisa Salinger

Jun 11, 2015, 10:44:09 AM6/11/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I sent a friend request earlier this morning.

Lisa Salinger
www.LisaSalinger.com

Jun 11, 2015, 5:02:44 PM6/11/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, done. Yet another person ahead of me;)

Christina

Jun 11, 2015, 5:11:23 PM6/11/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Same here, if you'd like to be Fitbit friends, Lisa.

Lisa Salinger

Jun 11, 2015, 5:15:39 PM6/11/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
I believe I also sent you a request this morning. If you didn't get it, let me know.

Christina

Jun 11, 2015, 6:21:27 PM6/11/15
to health...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I got it!