BMZ newsletter on health and social protection 04/2021

1 view

Healthy DEvelopments

Apr 7, 2021, 4:00:39 AM4/7/21
to health-education-social-protec...@googlegroups.com
Healthy DEvelopments Logo
BMZ Logo

Dear readers,

Since our launch in 2013 our name has been our programme: As Healthy DEvelopments we are not just about development, we are continuously in development in the way we present and share your implementation experiences and learnings.

Let’s keep learning and developing together!

Your editorial team: Maja Opua, GIZ & Anna von Roenne, m4h
A new look

A new look

We have created a new look for our portal: more modern, more versatile and more fun to look at. Our cover image shows how we see our collaboration with you: Fast, collaborative and goal-oriented.

Visit our all new website
A new format

A new format

'Cambodia’s schools are aiming for the stars‘  and 'World TB Day: Germany’s commitment to ending tuberculosis' are the first in this new series of feature articles that combine text with video and graphic elements. Our writers are teaming up with an award-winning film producer and a skilled graphic designer, all giving their best to bring your stories to life.

Read more about Cambodia's schools
Read more about World TB Day
A new podcast series

A new podcast series

Real stories, real voices, intelligent dialogue. Find the Healthy DEvelopments podcast on soundcloud, Google podcasts and on Spotify!

Visit the new podcast series
World Health Day

World Health Day: Germany’s commitment to a fairer, healthier world

COVID-19 has made it clear that some people are able to live healthier lives and have better access to health services than others entirely due to where they are born, grow, live, work and age. This must change. On the occasion of World Health Day 2021, Healthy DEvelopments takes a closer look at Germany’s contribution to a fairer, healthier world.

Read more
Tackling healthcare waste on the top of the world

Tackling healthcare waste on the top of the world

Not long ago in Nepal healthcare waste was simply dumped behind health facilities, mixed with general waste and sent to landfills, or openly burned. Health officials and municipal authorities across Nepal are now working hard to address these issues as part of a new focus on environmental health. Ruth Evans speaks to some of those on the forefront of this effort and reports on the progress being made.

Read more
Adaptive social protection

Adaptive social protection in the Sahel

In a series of 7 workshops in January and February, BMZ and UN representatives discussed how to build and strengthen flexible social protection systems. For Sahel countries struggling with climate change, food insecurity and armed conflict, Adaptive Social Protection offers a trajectory for tackling such interrelated challenges and a potent framework for policy dialogue and coordinated action with national governments.

Read more
Connect with Healthy DEvelopments on social media
twitter facebook soundcloud youtube linkedin
If this message is not displayed correctly, please click here.

The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Division for Global Health Policy and Health Financing

Postfach 12 03 22
53113 Bonn
Germany

E-Mail: edi...@healthy-developments.de
Managing Editor: Anna von Roenne

Disclaimer | Site notice

© 2010-2021 Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development

if you do not wish to receive this newsletter anymore, you can unsubscribe here.