BMZ newsletter on health and social protection 06/2021

1 view

Healthy DEvelopments

Jun 8, 2021, 1:33:12 AM6/8/21
to health-education-social-protec...@googlegroups.com
Healthy DEvelopments Logo
BMZ Logo
Dear members of the Healthy DEvelopments community,

due to SPAM issues some of you missed the March issue of our newsletter in which we announced Healthy DEvelopments’ relaunch on a new platform: Have you seen it yet?

Don’t miss our recent articles, including a story and podcast on openIMIS in times of COVID-19; BMZ’s One Health approach; a story and film about Nepal’s movement for dignified menstruation; and Karin Kortmann’s and Eckart von Hirschhausen’s conversation about the three global crises and our generation’s responsibility.

Enjoy the watching, the listening and the reading!

Maja Opua & Anna v. Roenne
openIMIS brings digital social benefits to The Gambia

openIMIS brings digital social benefits to The Gambia

When COVID hit The Gambia, the government had to act fast to protect poor households from the financial fallout. The largest cash transfer scheme in the country’s history was rolled out in very little time. The software that made this possible was openIMIS.

Read more
A new format

One Health: BMZ’s new commitment to tackling a multidimensional crisis

Emerging infectious disease outbreaks like Ebola, Zika or the new Coronavirus cast a glaring light on the dangers of ‘zoonoses’ – infectious diseases transmitted between animals and humans – one of the many symptoms of an ailing planet, alongside high population densities, increased global mobility, degraded ecosystems, climate change, social injustice and other issues.

Read more
A new podcast series

Menstrual Hygiene Day: Nepal’s movement for dignified menstruation gathers pace

More than 80 organisations and activists are now part of a growing alliance that is working to educate, advocate and break the silence surrounding menstruation.

Read more
‘One day our children will ask us: What did you do in 2021?’

‘One day our children will ask us: What did you do in 2021?’

At GIZ in Berlin Dr Eckart von Hirschhausen and Karin Kortmann discuss the three global crises and our generation’s responsibility.

Read more
#The4DSeries: Demographic Diversity & Dividends Dialogues

#The4DSeries: Demographic Diversity & Dividends Dialogues

Until December 2022, Healthy DEvelopments reports on a series of dialogues hosted by UNFPA, African Union and Germany: Government representatives, civil society, youths and researchers explore good practices and innovations that enable countries to harness the demographic dividend.

Read more
World Malaria Day 2021

World Malaria Day 2021: Efforts must continue full steam

Whilst malaria continues to claim hundreds of thousands of lives around the world each year, one small country can declare itself a big winner.

Read more
‘I’m paid to change things, not keep the status quo’

‘I’m paid to change things, not keep the status quo’

After 28 years leading German-supported health programmes across Asia, Paul Rückert is retiring from GIZ. ‘I’ve always been driven by a desire to bring about sustainable changes in the countries where I work,’ he says. ‘When you have a motivated team, interested partners, and the space to be creative, you can achieve a lot of positive things.’

Read more
World Health Day

World Health Day: Germany’s commitment to a fairer, healthier world

In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, how does German Development Cooperation support access to health worldwide?

Read more
Connect with Healthy DEvelopments on social media
twitter facebook soundcloud youtube linkedin
If this message is not displayed correctly, please click here.

The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Division for Global Health Policy and Health Financing

Postfach 12 03 22
53113 Bonn
Germany

E-Mail: edi...@healthy-developments.de
Managing Editor: Anna von Roenne

Disclaimer | Site notice

© 2010-2021 Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development

if you do not wish to receive this newsletter anymore, you can unsubscribe here.