HESP-News Briefing 18/2017

Healthy DEvelopments

Sep 8, 2017, 5:31:21 AM9/8/17
to health-education-social-protec...@googlegroups.com

Logo: Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development Logo: Healthy DEvelopments - BMZ
++++++++++++++++++ health and social protection +++ news briefing ++++++++++++++++++
current open access publications issue 18/2017 03 september 2017

Editorial

                                                  Download HESP-News Briefing 18/2017 (PDF 24 pp. 1.1 MB)

Dear colleagues,

many of you are familiar with drug stock-outs in low income countries, and with the complex rea-sons behind them. This investigation report of the Global Fund’s Office of the Inspector General looks into the pervasive theft of GF- and USAID-funded antimalarial medication in Malawi and presents the “I speak out now!”-campaign which the Global Fund has mounted to address fraud and abuse. A must read, we think, and worth further discussion.

Over the past 2 years, more than 150 German libraries, universities, and research institutes have formed a united front for open access to research findings, trying to force academic publishers into a new way of doing business. If they get their way, the paywall that surrounds most research papers will soon fall. This is a bold push - make sure not to miss it!

Download the full News Briefing to get an overview of many more recent interesting and relevant publications.

Your editorial team

Dieter Neuvians, Karolina Luczak Santana, Anna von Roenne

The Health and Social Protection News Briefing is a service by Healthy DEvelopments, the web portal of German Development Cooperation in health and social protection.

Access past editions of the News Briefing in our archive.

Subscribe to the RSS Feeds of the News Briefing (or individual thematic sections).

Contact the editorial team of the News Briefing via email to hesp-news...@healthy-developments.de.

You can cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time. To do so, please click the following link: unsubscribe.

Connect with Healthy DEvelopments on social media: Twitter BMZ Twitter-Page - Link opens in a new window Facebook BMZ Facebook-Page - Link opens in a new window Youtube BMZ Youtube-Channel - Link opens in a new window