Project 2: Task 1

Selina

May 23, 2019, 12:04:15 AM5/23/19
to Health Economics Module
Discussions for project 2 task 1

June Pericak

May 23, 2019, 12:32:55 PM5/23/19
to Health Economics Module
What did everyone get for Bullet 1 & 2?

Bullet one: 10.3 million or 21.48 PMPM
Bullet two: 244.89
Bullet three: still working.

Allison

May 23, 2019, 11:02:14 PM5/23/19
to Health Economics Module
That sounds familiar for Bullet one - haven't done 2 or 3 yet.

softball08

May 24, 2019, 2:55:46 PM5/24/19
to Health Economics Module
What are people getting for the break even PMPM?

Allison

May 24, 2019, 10:33:24 PM5/24/19
to Health Economics Module
I'm not sure I understand the shared savings component of the reimbursement proposal - is it saying that if incurred claims (PMPM) are higher than the 7% trended claims that HUB pays 20% of the difference and that if incurred claims (PMPM) is lower than the 7% trend that HUB gets 50% of the difference paid to them?

And then would the break even PMPM be where the capitation payment + the PMPM equals incurred claims at the target level?

Not sure if that makes sense because I get a very high number for PMPM when I tried that.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

jpie...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2019, 11:39:58 AM7/26/19
to Health Economics Module
For bullet 1 isn't it just the $400 PMPM that is given to you for FFS? Then trended by 7% each year?

cjm...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2019, 8:03:22 PM8/10/19
to Health Economics Module
Don't forget they're asking about contract period, so that's baseline + next 2 years.
Are you sure about the 21.48? Are we supposed to be dividing by 12? Are these member months or average members?
How did you get $244.89 for bullet 2 and get $21.48 for bullet 1? If you don't divide by 12, the FFS PMPM is $257.72

I'm calculating the cap payment as $100*the risk adj for patient type*# of members in patient type. Sum those up to be $9.8M, divide by 40,000 members to get $244.89 PMPM(?)

For breakeven I can't decide if we are supposed to compare to the FFS or the baseline claims $400 PMPM? Here I just compared claim costs vs cap payment. Sum up the difference over the three contract years and divide by the 120,000 members to get the contract period PMPM. Going to collect more in years 1&2 to offset the larger loss in year 3.
I feel like I'm missing something little and I'll have a correct answer.
Message has been deleted

Bryce

Aug 12, 2019, 12:14:20 PM8/12/19
to Health Economics Module
Bullet 1: Thats what I got.
Bullet 2: $9,795,490 ($20.41 PMPM) I think you just need to divide by 12 to get the PMPM...looks like you are showing PMMY?
Bullet 3: PMPM target to break-even for first year ($424.79) and second year ($454.75). This should generate enough shared savings to allow them to break-even compared to their current FFA arrangement. Hope I am not missing something.

Chris

Aug 12, 2019, 12:47:33 PM8/12/19
to Health Economics Module
Update to my post:
Bullet 1: I agree on $10.3M and after reading the assignment closer (block of text after the bullets in task 1), we're not assuming any trend for FFS in the contract period, so its always $10.3M

Bullet 2: I agree the total cap pmt is $9.8M

Bullet 3: We have the gap between FFS and Cap -> 0.5M, with 40k members that's $1.07 PMPM, and we need twice as much savings because of the upside component
For the cap arrangement we are assuming 7% trend for 2 years. Find difference between the trended claims pmpm and the target savings to get the breakeven pmpm.

Sarah

Aug 31, 2019, 2:14:52 PM8/31/19
to Health Economics Module
I agree with bullets 1 and 2, but not with bullet 3.

For bullet 3, it seems to me that the question is asking what are the incurred claims in the contract period that would result in a net income of $0 to HUB. I don't think this depends on FFS payments at all since we're only looking at the proposed reimbursement arrangement. In the contract period under the proposed reimbursement arrangement, HUB would receive the capitation amount ($244.89 PMPY) plus any shared savings/losses. It seems to me that we're trying to calculate what the incurred claims should be in the contract period such that the capitation amount + shared savings = incurred claims in the contract period.

Chris

Sep 4, 2019, 1:03:55 PM9/4/19
to Health Economics Module
I'm not sure we're in disagreement, maybe I'm just not conveying my thoughts well. I didn't mean to use the FFS payments. I was just looking at the bottom of page 2 of the assignment where it says, "Overall PMPM healthcare cost target is 7% annual trend applied to the total baseline incurred claims"
So I used baseline incurred claims from page 3 of the assignment, right below the membership table, where it says $400 PMPM. Then I multiplied that by (1+0.07)^2 to get trended claims amount. 2 years in the contract period, 7% trend.

Sarah

Sep 4, 2019, 3:30:45 PM9/4/19
to Health Economics Module
I agree with your calculation of the contract period healthcare cost target. My thinking is that you would then use the resulting target PMPM, the PMPM capitation amount, and the PMPM shared savings/loss component to find the incurred claims that produces $0 in net income to HUB.
Message has been deleted

chocman...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2019, 12:10:59 AM10/22/19
to Health Economics Module
Agree with bullet 3.  The target for the contract period is $400*1.07^2.  Subtract bullet 2 capitation payment PMPM.  This results in the incurred claims such that Claims + Capitation Payments = Target.  This would be the break-even point.  If claims are under or over, then there are shared savings/losses.
Message has been deleted

Anna Mitchell

Oct 7, 2020, 10:36:04 PM10/7/20
to Health Economics Module
Is bullet one asking for 2 separate answers?? It says find the FFS reimbursement amount for both the baseline period and contract period

Chris Mckay

Jan 30, 2021, 10:38:30 PM1/30/21
to Health Economics Module
I know I'm late to reply, but no, it's asking 1 question. It says right under Task 1 to assume no trend on HUB's cost/util, so the base period experience = contract experience. They're asking for 1 number.

Also for Q3, I'm confused by some of y'alls answers here. We know the costs HUB incurs from their baseline data. They are getting paid the capitated amount. So they are still out the difference. To get this money, they need to make it up through the PMPM agreement. They need $X to breakeven. That's (X/40,000/12) PMPM. They make 50% of savings, so we need double that in savings. The contract period is two years from base, so the base trended is $400 * (1.07)^2 = $457.96. $457.96 - Savings = Breakeven PMPM.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

ashwag alzahrani

May 13, 2021, 9:39:54 PM5/13/21
to Health Economics Module
How much the break even point is? I got 38.16 PMPM

Cap payment + 50% of shared saving

في الاثنين، 10 مايو 2021 في تمام الساعة 5:28:09 م UTC+3، كتب ccd...@gmail.com رسالة نصها:
I'm not clear on what question 3 is asking, do they want to know the incurred claims PMPM that would result in breaking even?

Casey Drick

May 13, 2021, 10:02:40 PM5/13/21
to Health Economics Module
That is not what I got but I think it depends on how you interpret the question. I took it to mean how much savings does HUB need to realize in order for FFS reimbursement to equal the Risk-adjusted Capitation with shared savings / loss reimbursement
Message has been deleted

ashwag alzahrani

May 14, 2021, 8:07:57 AM5/14/21
to Health Economics Module
Thanks a lot... You are right,. If the HUB should leave if the proposed arrangement payment is below current arrangement payment.. so the realized saving should be 1.07, then the target PMPM cost is 455 . It makes sense.. Thanks again
Message has been deleted

Virtual Assistant

Oct 7, 2021, 4:11:53 AM10/7/21
to Health Economics Module
I think there is a general consensus on Q1 and Q2.

For q3, this is how I interpreted it:
We know that the Average baseline incurred claims for these members is $400 PMPM which means that the contract period incurred claims is $458 PMPM (400*1.07^2), where 458 becomes the target. 50% of anything below this 458 PMPM will be shared with HUB, let "Y" be that PMPM cost. So for question 3, I think we need to work out what that "Y" should be such that the PMPM reimbursement under capitation is same as reimbursement under FFS arrangement.

Nisha Ramanathan

Oct 11, 2021, 12:55:03 PM10/11/21
to Health Economics Module

I agree but my calculation doesn't match any of the other numbers I have seen above. I calculated "Y" as 455.82. Did anyone else get this?

Muhammad Nauman Akbani

Oct 14, 2021, 10:17:24 AM10/14/21
to Health Economics Module
yeah @nraman, this looks familiar

Felix W

Oct 22, 2021, 10:10:01 PM10/22/21
to Health Economics Module
Could you elaborate on how you got 455.82? If 458 is projected incurred PMPM and 455.82 is the new target, does that mean savings is only 1.07?

Thanks

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Celena Robinson

Sep 5, 2023, 3:33:58 AM9/5/23
to Health Economics Module
anyone else working on this and want to collaborate? I got a slightly different answer than others
Message has been deleted

Donkiss Zidane

Apr 13, 2024, 9:41:00 PM (11 days ago) Apr 13
to Health Economics Module
We are a legitimate online psychedelics dispensary.
We ship Overnight Discreetly inside the United States, Europe, Canada and Australia.
Buy Psychedelic Drugs Online  For depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Magic Mushrooms, DMT, K2 Spice, LSD and more are available.
and much more.Visit Our Business Channel:https://t.me/trippyworld710

Buy Badder Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/679?single
Buy Melts 2g Disposable Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/676
Candy For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/671
Buy Mad Labs 2g Disposables Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/649?single
Buy Mushrooms Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/648
Lsd Sheets For Sale Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/647
Buy Authentic Cake Wax Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/646
Buy DMT Powder Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/642
Buy Top Quality Moonrocks Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/642
Order Packwood x Runtz 1g Disposable
https://t.me/trippyworld710/621?single
Buy Penis Envy Mushroom Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/617
Muha 2g Live Resin Disposables
https://t.me/trippyworld710/595
Muha Meds Pre-Rolls For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/552?single
Buy Snow Ball Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/547
Muha Meds Carts For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/537
Buy DMT Cartridges Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/522
Ak47 For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/519?single
Cake 3g Disposable For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/519?single
Big Chief Cartridges
https://t.me/trippyworld710/468?single
Packman 2g Disposable For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/453
Moonrocks For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/452
Buy Coke Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/448?single
Buy Hash Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/446
Buy Mushroom Chocolate bars Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/244
Buy Xanax Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/211
Mushroom Edibles For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/167
Clone Card For Sale Online
https://t.me/trippyworld710/115
Acid Gel Tabs For Sale
https://t.me/trippyworld710/58
https://t.me/trippyworld710/365?single
https://t.me/trippyworld710/363?single
https://t.me/trippyworld710/307
https://t.me/trippyworld710/306
https://t.me/trippyworld710/298
https://t.me/trippyworld710/241
https://t.me/trippyworld710/235?single
https://t.me/trippyworld710/231?single
https://t.me/trippyworld710/219?single
https://t.me/trippyworld710/215?single
https://t.me/trippyworld710/164
https://t.me/trippyworld710/98
https://t.me/trippyworld710/83?single
https://t.me/trippyworld710/63?single
https://t.me/trippyworld710/33
https://t.me/trippyworld710/30
https://t.me/trippyworld710/28
https://t.me/trippyworld710/6

Contact: (424)-250-0221
Telegram Usernames: @Jamesbrown71
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

African Grey Parrots

Apr 23, 2024, 11:19:45 PM (15 hours ago) Apr 23
to Health Economics Module
Can anyone please clarify the service duration of the contract ? is it 2020 or (2019 & 2020) or (2020 & 2021) , thank you