Manual Claim rate

sam ball

Oct 13, 2020, 7:09:10 PM10/13/20
to Health Economics Module
can someone explain what the manual claims rate is in the 'FSA Data' tab?

I assumed it was the PEPM cost from the 'Base Data' tab but the $585.16 PEPM for EPO does not match the manual claim rate of $620 for EPO1 in the 'FSA Data' tab.

how would I apply the Manual Claim rate to calculate net employer cost and the 7% savings??

Anna Mitchell

Oct 14, 2020, 10:57:33 AM10/14/20
to Health Economics Module
Think of it as the expected claims for that plan. So you can you experience period claims and then a plan adjustment factor such as if you are switching from a PPO1 to and PPO3 you could do
Experience of PPO1 * (manual claims rate of PPO3/manual claims rate of PPO1)