G'Day

Robert Boyd

Aug 14, 2007, 2:58:57 AM8/14/07
to health-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I have just registered for this group. I am new to health/wellness
coaching. In fact health/wellnes coaching is relatively new to Australia
per se.
A couple of years ago I took a 2 day Body Conscious Coaching course at
the National Wellness Conference in Stevens Point Wisconsin with Dr
Karen Wolfe. I was able to utilize skills learned a little during my 2
years as the Queensland University of Technology Wellness Manager. As I
said it is not well known and accepted here yet so very few staff
availed themselves of the Coaching service I offered during that time.
At this year's National Wellness Conference I took part in the first 16
hours of the Wellness Mapping 360degrees Certificate Training with Dr
Michael Arloski from Real Balance Global Wellness Services. The
remaining hours are being completed over the next 4 weeks via phone
conference calls and case studies. I am planning to use the knowledge
and skills thus learned in the developing arena of Corporate/Workplace
Wellness Programs, which due to the awareness of CEO's re work-life
balance issues and the loss of productivity due to presenteeism, is
finally being taken seriously in Australia.
I am hoping that by being a member of this group that I will get to
continue my Coaching education by interacting with well practiced and
respected Health Coaches.

Think Well, Feel Well, Act Well, Associate with those who make you Well,
Promote being Well, Be Well, Stay Well.

Bob Boyd OAM
President National Wellness Institute of Australia Inc.,
Senior Lecturer, Program Director (BHMSc Industry Co-op),
Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Health,
Central Queensland University,
Bruce Hwy,
Rockhampton,
Queensland,
Australia 4702
Ph: International +61 7 4930 6747; 0414 645 837
Fax: International +61 7 4930 6875
E-Mail: b.b...@cqu.edu.au
SKYPE: robertlawsonboyd