Efficacy of Coaching

1 view

Tom Health Coach

Feb 21, 2008, 12:38:10 PM2/21/08
to Health Coaching, frances....@bebetter.net
I am looking for data/studies on the impact of coaching on behavior
change - especially in the field of health coaching. I have a lot of
articles that reference measuring the success of coaching but most do
not provide clear specifics. I have also looked at soem clinical
trials data such as that with Chantix that seem to indicate a direct
correlation between coaching and the success of a medication in a
clinical trial. I would like to see if anyone has access to any
"cleaner" data on the success rates of coaching in promoting positive
behavior change and/or lifestyle modification. Your assistance is
appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Tom Miller

Melanie Matthews

Feb 21, 2008, 1:28:26 PM2/21/08
to Health Coaching
Hi Tom,

Thanks for your post on measuring the success of health coaching. In a
recent report we
published on this topic, "Measuring Change: Evaluating Health and
Wellness Coaching
Performance, Outcomes and ROI," two organizations detailed how they
are measuring
the impact of health coaching programs.

Darcy Hurlbert with Ceridian LifeWorks describes the factors that her
organization uses
to calculate ROI specifically for weight management programs and
tobacco cessation
programs, such as reductions in BMI and its corresponding impact on
medical costs
and productivity and premature death prevention on the tobacco session
side. Hurlbert
also describes how they measure outcomes using HRA data and the impact
of
presenteeism.

Ted Borgstadt with TrestleTree Inc. describes his organization's three-
dimensional
approach to ROI, including the financial aspect, the physical aspect
(changing the behavior)
and member engagement.

You can view more information on this report online at:
http://store.hin.com/product.asp?itemid=3767

Hope this helps!

Melanie Matthews