Productivity and Case loads

1 view

Robin

Dec 2, 2008, 1:05:38 PM12/2/08
to Health Coaching
I am looking for information on measuring caseloads and productivity
for Health Coaching. We struggle with knowing how many clients a coach
should have. My staff work 7.5 hours a day. They coach clients
telephonically for one of 5 disease states: Asthma, low back pain,
Diabetes, Depression or Cardiac disease. They are responsible for
other items such as writing articles for our Bi-annual newsletter and
quarterly web tips to name a few things. We also require them to
maintain their coaching certification, which requires CEU's throughout
their certification period. One of the other things that we take into
consideration is how often a client is called and how long the calls
are. Our initial call (history call/intake call) is usually an hour
long. After that, most calls run every 2 weeks for about 30 -45
minutes. As the client moves into maintance phase, the calls may be
one or two more calls, once a month. We believe that the clients on
each end of the spectrum balance out each other, to give an average
call every 2 weeks for 30 -45 minutes.
As far as measuring productivity, we do measure improvement in
clinical outcomes such as weight, lab results, pain and depression
scales, exercise and many others. We also look at Quality Control in
reviewing that documentation is accurate, complete and correct.
So, my question is that if I wanted to measure that my staff is being
productive at the highest level, would you look at case load (if so
how would you determine that), clinical outcomes, quality control or a
combination, and if so, what combination?
Thank you in advance for your input!

Robin